20/0 KITS: Here they are!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 22, 2018, 12:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army_of_One

Another day in Paradise!

Swami805

WOW! those are nice, seeing the reel seat puts the size in perspective. That is a big reel(understatement of the year).
Do what you can with that you have where you are

STRIPER LOU

WOW Randy! Another amazing job!

Those aren't reels, they're beautiful pieces of machinery and masterpiece's at that. Outstanding work RP!  ;)

....................Lou

mikeysm

Randy thanks for the fast shipping on the kit. The spool didn't need any shims a perfect fit. I am still deciding on a reel handle but the rest is complete.

Mike

Benni3

swill88

conchydong

mikeysm

Those are the Everol ball bearing roller guides for the rod to go with the reel.

Mike

droppedit

Quote from: mikeysm on June 25, 2018, 10:26:08 AM
Those are the Everol ball bearing roller guides for the rod to go with the reel.

Mike

What blank / butt are you going to mate it up with?
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

CapeFish

Geepers, impressive, I want to see the fish that these are going to haul in. Winding in kilometres of line when that beast heads for the horizon is also going to take some doing.

mikeysm

I am using a united composites gladiator 7'6" blank. This is for shark fishing and the rod can be used as a rail rod also. I haven't made a final decision on the blank. I have one already but I might save it for another project.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks to everyone for all of the posts and photos, and to the Alantani.com ohana for supporting these projects, and to Alan for giving me the forum and access to this world of fellow fishing fanatics.  Thanks especially to those who funded these 20/0 kits for their confidence and for trusting me with their money.

This one probably would not have gotten off of  the ground without Mike and Daron's suggestions and encouragement, and it would not have been possible without Tiburon's technical expertise and passion for fishing and their willingness to invest disproportionate amounts of their time and resources when they could be spent on more profitable ventures.  It's really exciting to see a wild idea turned into reality!

I had to leave again for LA last Friday and was only able to ship a few kits before I left.  I will be home on Tuesday night and will ship all of the rest of the kits on Wednesday.  I will send the tracking numbers as soon as I print the shipping labels.  Please accept my apology for the delay. 

Thanks again,

Randy

xjchad

I'm really hoping that you will be able to do another run of these someday and that I'm in a position to join in!  What a masterpiece!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

1badf350

Quote from: xjchad on June 25, 2018, 04:28:52 PM
I'm really hoping that you will be able to do another run of these someday and that I'm in a position to join in!  What a masterpiece!
The promise of exclusivity is one of the reasons many of us bought in to this project.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

xjchad

Quote from: 1badf350 on June 25, 2018, 04:52:23 PM
Quote from: xjchad on June 25, 2018, 04:28:52 PM
The promise of exclusivity is one of the reasons many of us bought in to this project.

Oh, so it was just the one run?  I hadn't seen that.  Well, congrats to those of you who did, very special!
I'm loving all the pics!
Husband, Father, Fisherman