20/0 KITS: Here they are!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 22, 2018, 12:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Chad, before I gave Tiburon the go-ahead on this project, I obtained their commitment that this run of twenty would be the only one, ever.  They have been honorable in all of our dealings to date, so I expect them to keep that promise.  This was a difficult project for them, different in scale from anything that they had done before, so even without our agreement, I believe that they would be very hesitant to take it on again.

On the brighter side, just think how much money you saved by not buying one, and all of the cool stuff that you can buy with it!

Thanks,

Randy

xjchad

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on June 25, 2018, 05:19:03 PM
Chad, before I gave Tiburon the go-ahead on this project, I obtained their commitment that this run of twenty would be the only one, ever.  They have been honorable in all of our dealings to date, so I expect them to keep that promise.  This was a difficult project for them, different in scale from anything that they had done before, so even without our agreement, I believe that they would be very hesitant to take it on again.

On the brighter side, just think how much money you saved by not buying one, and all of the cool stuff that you can buy with it!

Thanks,

Randy

Haha, thanks for the perspective Randy!  It's a wonderful kit for sure, but the price of the kit plus a reel to put it on and all the upgrades is out of my range a bit.
Can't wait to see all the builds!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Shark Hunter

My Kit arrived Today Safe and Sound.
Thank You Randy.
I would put it all together, but the double shifts are killing me this week.
I Can't Believe how light it is.
The spool turned out Very Nice as well.
The Arbor isn't as Big as I expected, but that is a good thing.
The spool on the Everol 20/0 has a Huge Arbor.
I think the sky will be the Limit on Spooling this Bad Boy. ;)
Life is Good!

Swami805

Don't worry Chad, I'm sure with this group you'll see a 24/0 at some point. ;)
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Shark Hunter

There are Bigger and Better things Coming.
Believe it or not. ;)
Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

With with frame being wider than a factory 16/0, what if any mods need to be made to the rod braces?

TheReelShop

Just got mine this thing is amazing!!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: The Great Maudu on June 26, 2018, 09:32:17 AM
With with frame being wider than a factory 16/0, what if any mods need to be made to the rod braces?

Mike, this is just my opinion, but I don't think that any mods will be necessary, just tighten the reel seat as tight as you can get it, then make sure that the rod clamp and both braces are tightened evenly and as tight as you can get them, then go back and see if you can get the reel seat any tighter. 

Did you have anything in particular in mind?  Any suggestions as to how to beef up the connections would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Randy

The Great Maudu

I don't have anything in mind right now. Mine should be in a day or two. When I get it I'll have a better idea about it. It not be any concern st all.

Shark Hunter

The stock Braces will be fine Mike.
I however have a custom made set that was fabricated by a good friend.
I will post them when I finish the build this weekend.
Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

Thanks Daron. I can't wait to see your build out. Randy I got mine today. Everything is fine. However I was concerned when I first saw the shipping box.

1badf350

I have found that the word "fragile", in The USPS employee handbook, means "throw me".
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

54bullseye

My mail lady says that's the last thing you want to write on a package !!   LOL !   John Taylor

broadway

Hey D,
   Is that good friend, John by any chance?  I liked his beefy braces he had made a while back.

QuoteI have found that the word "fragile", in The USPS employee handbook, means "throw me".
Chris, You're right about that!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: The Great Maudu on June 28, 2018, 07:26:39 AM
Thanks Daron. I can't wait to see your build out. Randy I got mine today. Everything is fine. However I was concerned when I first saw the shipping box.

Ouch!  I am switching to styrofoam.  Those peanuts just don't provide enough support to withstand field goal practice.