20/0 KITS: Here they are!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 22, 2018, 12:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you for taking care of it Sal.  I really appreciate it.

Randy

twotone

Right side plate slipped right in. Left side ,3 slaps of my palm. The harness lugs a little tight. No problems with tapping lugs screw holes until they line up. Side plates used were from a new Penn 14/0 . I couldn't bear to rob parts from my 16/0 or 14/0.   Nice fitment here. It's a beauty R.P.

2tone
twotone

Three se7ens

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 22, 2018, 05:57:37 AM
No. 1 would be a stainless sleeve from Tom, but I think those are out of stock at the moment.
No. 2 is an insert Kit from Adam. Availability is always an issue on custom parts. I buy them when they are available.
No. 3 is a Stainless Handle Arm, also from Adam. His offset models are the best there is.
No. 4 is a 5/0 Grip.
With these four parts alone, it makes a much stronger reel and it makes it look so much better than stock.
Using the stock plates allows for ss double dogs. A Must with a reel like this.
Cutting plates for the dogs is not advisable if you aren't familiar. If you ruin it. Good luck finding a 16/0 side plate for less than you want to pay.
This is a long post, but all I did to this 16/0 was clean it up and put in a new 7 stack of Carbon Fiber.
Mike caught a 14' Tiger Shark on it. It made me feel good that my work made it Happen for him.
After his catch, I did replace the Brass sleeve with a stainless one. I think that is all you really need.
New Carbon Fiber stack and a Stainless sleeve,
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22384.0
This is the whole hog version, but like I said, most of these parts are unavailable now.
Stainless Main Gear, Sleeve, Dogs, Handle and all that was available at the time.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15476.0

It will not be much longer on the drag kits.  The cf material has been an issue, but I believe its sorted now(new supplier).  My first batch of washers will be done next week, and once I confirm that they are good, I will get the material ordered for the big senator kits. Handles are always available, but depending on my stock it may be a week or two before they can ship. 

Shark Hunter

I had to really grind on the non handle plate to make it fit.
My spool took one shim, It was on the old spool.
Life is Good!

Benni3

Looks great man,,,,nice looking braces too ;D

54bullseye

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 02, 2018, 05:04:58 PM
I had to really grind on the non handle plate to make it fit.
My spool took one shim, It was on the old spool.

Daron what's the green thing ??    John Taylor

1badf350

Im going with a vape device. Brut cologn flavor LOL
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

The Great Maudu

Quote from: 1badf350 on July 02, 2018, 11:50:37 PM
Im going with a vape device. Brut cologn flavor LOL

I'm going with the Vape and essential shark bait flavors

54bullseye

Oh I honestly didn't know what it was never seen one ?  Thought it might have been some secret reel hot rod piece that Daron was gonna keep to him self !! Just kidding Daron but I honesty didn't know what it was !!! I guess I have lived in the sticks to long !    John Taylor

1badf350

That flat thingy with the numbers is called a calculator
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Shark Hunter

Yes, it is a vape machine.
Haven't touched a cig in 6 years.
I prefer the candy or fruit flavors.
That one is strawberry watermelon bubble gum, and it tastes just like it. ;)
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

I'm stashing mine for a rainy day.....or hopefully someday a set of Cortez sideplates. Only time will tell

Hey Anthony, where did you get those sweet black lugs ??
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

MDC775

Randy,
Both kits arrived today. Thanks again for making my wildest dreams come true.  ;D

Mike.

1badf350

Both of my kits arrived today too. Thanks Randy.
-Chris

Shark Hunter

Money Shots!
Life is Good!