20/0 KITS: Here they are!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 22, 2018, 12:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigtosser

Darin,
You are the Best,at putting the Big Reels Together !!!
That is going to be one helluva Shark Reel  ;D
Now you need to find the -SHARK- to put it to the Test!  :o
Good Luck, and Tite Lines...

Dan

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Love it Daron!  Thanks for the photos.

xjchad

Awesome Daron!!!
Love that stand too!!!  8)
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Shark Hunter

I'm only as Good as the people who taught me here. ;)
Life is Good!

Army_of_One

That's a beautiful setup Daron!  Is that a 20/0 hook too?
Another day in Paradise!

Shark Hunter

16/0, it came with the stand.
Custom made for me by a member.
Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

Quote from: Jigtosser on July 04, 2018, 11:21:05 PM
Darin,
You are the Best,at putting the Big Reels Together !!!

Dan

I agree!
Here are a few pics of BIGFOOT fresh from the oven. I have a special16/0 donor reel on the way that should arrive today. I'm planning on using the original crank arm from the donor reel. It has the post but the torpedo style handle is missing. I'm hoping to be able to figure out a way (with help from you all) to put a handle on it. Also, it's going to need to be re- chromed. Any suggestions about that would be appreciated as well. Randy and Tiburon a first class job all around.

Benni3

The Great Maudu

I was hoping it would look good and I'm not disappointed. Thanks Benni I'm glad you like it.

54bullseye

Here is the rod I am using for my 20/0. It's a Calstar 130RT Blank with a mint set of Tycoon / Fin-Nor guides and roller top. The butt is some sort of dark dense wood mounted in a Lakeland reel seat and ferrule. My buddy Dave Turner of    http://turnerscustomrods.com   made the rod for me. He did a very nice job on everything from the cork grip and he even made the Micarta winding checks front and back of the cork grip. He is very fussy !!!! I haven't finished the internals of the reel yet so I didn't bother with the front and back rod braces yet or the rod clamp.

I plan on breaking the rod and reel in up in PEI next fall hopefully with a couple more 20/0 owners with me !!! I will use mine in the rod holder so will use a Lakeland seat with an Aluminum bent butt in it not the nice pretty wooden butt. That's all I got !!!  Lets hear what some of the rest of you are doing ??    John Taylor   Tap on pics to blow up.

Swami805

Looks great in black Mike, aptly named too. Maybe you can join John in PEI, that would be something

Even the reel dwarfs that huge rod John, Looks great and all the "beef" you can muster in a combo
Do what you can with that you have where you are

The Great Maudu

Quote from: Swami805 on July 12, 2018, 02:47:42 AM
Looks great in black Mike, aptly named too. Maybe you can join John in PEI, that would be something

I would love to fish with John. I would be begging him to adopt me so I could get my hands on that Cradle Reel collection of his.

Shark Hunter

Beautiful Set up JT.
What is up with that handle?
Can't say I've ever seen one like it.
Life is Good!

54bullseye

Well there are a lot of boats up in PEI !!  I have fished up there two different years the first time two of us went up and day one was really sloppy and I was feeling WHITE most of the day !! Lol ! We hooked up only once that day and pulled the hook after a half hour. The next we got blown out and went home. The next year we fished 4 days the first two were slow but the last two days we hooked up 6 or 7 times and brought 4 to boat side ! What a blast !! Maybe we could get a group from this board up there next fall ??

Mike I also like the black reel I think the etching came out much better on the black it shows up really nice ! You could bring your 16/0 super rig up there !!!!       John Taylor

broadway

Really nice combo, John.  I like the color choices you made... looks vintage.
Daron, brought it to my attention... what's up with that handle? Looks sweet but I can't zoom in enough to tell the materials or style. Enjoy that set up, ain't another like it. 8)
Stay fishy
Dom