20/0 KITS: Here they are!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 22, 2018, 12:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

I hope the Tycoon holds up they get pretty brittle with age !! Good looking combo Mike !!! I wouldn't go to crazy with drag your sure not going to run out of line  LOL !    John Taylor

Donnyboat

Yes that is a really great set up, unfortunately the virus has, interfered with most programs around the World, cheers don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gfish

Dude! Good to hear from you. That set-up looks awesome!. Can't wait for the adventure to get going...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Congerslayer

hi,
thanks for the replys, seems like some are actually simular crazy as me and using this reels.

To not open a new thread and cause I know some of the guys with the 20/0 senators have an everol 20/0 as well, how do they go, any problems, pro's, con's(aside from weight)? I'm looking to buy one soon and then in fall or next year a second and a third if I don't have problems, in my case it's about that I love using heavy line and lots of it and I'm already using 120lb of drag on 50W's...
Oh and if I finally get to fish my 20/0 I'll make videos with it too, but first testing the heat build up with a car peeling line off to don't risk heat damage and for getting used to back off the drag when the line  level drops(my current reels only have minimal change in drag between empty and full spool)!
Best Regards, Marlon

54bullseye

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 28, 2018, 08:29:51 PM
Quote from: broadway on June 28, 2018, 07:40:27 PM
Hey D,
   Is that good friend, John by any chance?  I liked his beefy braces he had made a while back.

QuoteI have found that the word "fragile", in The USPS employee handbook, means "throw me".
Chris, You're right about that!
Yes, Those are the ones. ;)

Daron would it be possible for me to buy a couple sets of the more rugged braces you and Dom are talking about ??   John Taylor

Shark Hunter

I only have one set.

Life is Good!

thorhammer

Baddest star drag ever built right there.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

broadway

SOOOOO Sweet D!
That is one sweet 20/0 and it's in the right home... the home of the "Hunter" 8)
Love it pal,
Dom

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Beautifully completed, Daron!

You know what you are about...

Mine is also all silver. 

Still got to decide on a crank and a crank knob, and set aside a little time for the build — along with (4) Jigmasters and (1) Squidder — that are all from Tom.

Yours is perfect.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

The Great Maudu

Hey Brother you did a great job with that as usual. Would you be up for helping me with my side plates?

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Mike's Bigfoot is Black and Silver Now.
Life is Good!

foakes

Beautiful, Daron!

Best Always, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.