Accurate customer service

Started by bill19803, June 28, 2018, 03:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill19803

If  you   own  an  accurate   you know  they  are  not  cheap  big boys  toys.  An   atd   130 popped  up on the big  auction  site  at a  price  i  could afford   so i   went   for it and   got  it. Received  on  time  as pictured. Went to  mount it on    my  rod  and   had  an   aww  (16 year old  rule)  moment.  The reel  stand  was  longer then  my   seat on   rod.  Checked  the  seat  on my   atd  80   and    same  design ,  same hole  pattern  but  3/8  shorter  overall    so it    fit  the  seat.  Ahha  a  simple   fix  ill  just  get a  new   short  version   from accurate  and all  will be  well.   Talked  to   their   customer  service  tech    on their  web   site   NO  can   do   Dont have    Not  gonna be making  any  .  At that point i had a  shelf   queen on my hands   for  a  lot of  bucks.  Tech   suggested a  name   to   contact     Heck yes i can  do  that. Back  to  email Fired  off  email  that wasnt the  kindest  ever  written.  Got a  response   about   330  pm   this  afternoon.  Mmmm  we   dont make that part   any  more .   So  what  do you  suggest i  do  with  my  boat  anchor.  Didnt  realize  i was  talking   to  Vp  Sales   and probably wasnt  too  kind  to him  either . He   said he had a meeting   with  the owners   shortly  and  would  discuss  the problem.   647  tonight  i   got  a  call   from  him. The owner  agreed  to make   a  run of the part  needed.
1032  pm   tonight   i  get  email  from  Vp  sales   with  a picture   showing the  first  part  made  and  mounted in  the reel seat i  use.  Still  gotta be   polished  and  anodized  but  ive never  seen a  response   as fast   as that  for  a manufactured part,  and im a manufacturing  engineer  that  specializes in  solving  problems
Now i know  why i  have  9   2  speed   accurates   and  6  of them  are  big  boys,  and  the  next  new  big one i  buy  will  be   you guessed  it-Accurate
So   after   saying unkind  things   to  the  folks  at  accurate   i  gotta  say  they  do  take care of their   customers in a  first  class   way. 

Thank   you  David,  Justin and   the  guys in  the accurate  shop    for  turning a  absolutely miserable  day  into   something  happy   for   me

Now all i  gotta  do is get out there  and get  that  sword  bite
Dollar  Bill

David Hall

Good to hear, my only contact with their service was 10 years ago, I sent a reel in for service and upgrading the handle, yes it was long before I found this happy place.  Long story short they lost my reel.  It was six months before they finally replaced it.  My most recent, I sent them an email two weeks ago looking for the mounting screws for the reel foot.  I haven't heard a peep from them.  Gonna have to figure out what size they are and pick them up or order them online.  I greased the screws on the real foot, two of the, vibrated out sometime this salmon season.  Imagine my surprise, I do some boneheaded stuff now and then.  But my boss 270 is my favorite salmon reel and I need it.

Benni3

When I was getting a reel for my dads birthday,,,I called accurate to see what thay recommended and I talked to a ben seacrest,,,,very nice guy ;D

David Hall

Accurate emailed me this morning, apologized and said they would get the screws out to me as soon as I gave them my mailing address. 
I love my accurate reels.

alantani

Quote from: David Hall on June 28, 2018, 06:46:17 PM
Accurate emailed me this morning, apologized and said they would get the screws out to me as soon as I gave them my mailing address. 
I love my accurate reels.

i've got a bunch right here.......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Maybe I'll call you in the morning around 10:30 and swing by if your around.  I don't expect accurate will get the screws to me in much less than a week.

Benni3

Quote from: David Hall on June 29, 2018, 01:36:37 AM
Maybe I'll call you in the morning around 10:30 and swing by if your around.  I don't expect accurate will get the screws to me in much less than a week.
yes,,,,thay will take care of you ;)

STRIPER LOU

I really like the accurate stuff too! Its a top shelf company.

They have some great design engineers and pay attention to detail. Not inexpensive by any means, but quality doesn't come cheap.

Your going to have a tank and a half there Mr. Bill! Best of luck with it!

..............Lou

bill19803

Lou

yes a tank  with  up  to  100 lbs of   drag  and  weighs  about   15  lbs.  Well   forget   about  the   100   but     27    should be mighty  smooth.Aint gonna be  any  standing  at the  rail  holding  it waiting   for a  bite  thats   for  sure. Somewhere  around here  is a    rod   rigger   that  i HAVE   to  find now.  Probably  put   1000  yards  of   130   cortland   c-16  on it (or  whatever    spare i have)  and  a pound  or  two  of  mono.  The  costs   of  this  big  boy  toy have  just  begun. But  god had better help  the    swordfish  that bites   or  hes   dinner.
Looking   for  advice  from  the  group  on  what line-100 lb test  to use.  Abrasion  resistance  is   more important then   small  diameter.  since   this thing has  such a large  line capacity.
Back  up  rig   will  be   atd80w, loaded    with 130  spectra with  200  yard  mono  top  shot (  to satisfy boats  requirement)
Cutie  was ready  to  disown  me  when  she   saw  this  toy  on  table,  hopefully  she  will  get over  it
$bill

alantani

Quote from: David Hall on June 29, 2018, 01:36:37 AM

i'm actually fishing saturday, but home on sunday.  the screws are out on the post in front of the boat.  swing by anytime!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Thanks Alan I'll swing by in the morning on my way to work.  Good luck on the water.

bill19803

Guys

to   close the book  on  the  saga  of  accurate  and we dont make that part  anymore.  Vp  sales  just  called  Wanted my  shipping address   and  credit  card  number,  and how many  of the   short  reel  stands  did i want.   They  are  shipping  them  today. Not  cheap   but  beats having  a very expensive boat anchor.
From a manufacturing  engineer view point  (35 years)  the  turn  around  time  was fantastic  to machine,  polish   anodize  pack  and   ship  in that  amount of  time  kinda  blows  my  mind.\So  again i  gotta  say  thanks  to all involved  for   some great  customer   service and satisfaction.  Mr    swordfish look  out