The 2065 Spin Wonder Shakespeare Project

Started by mo65, June 28, 2018, 10:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Found what you needed in an old bin of Shakes spools, stashed years ago in the storage container, Mike.

PM me your address, and I will drop it in the mail tomorrow.

N/C.

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Good for you, Mike......Well done, Fred!  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Reel 224

Quote from: mo65 on June 30, 2018, 01:44:44 PM
Quote from: Reel 224 on June 29, 2018, 08:58:19 PM
Mo: Are you the reel service & Repair guy for the area? If not you should be!

Hee hee...nope Joe...I'm just a guy who likes to work on his reels.

Quote from: foakes on June 30, 2018, 01:36:22 AM
Before you pull the trigger and buy a spool, Mike -
Let me look through the old bins of spools.
Recently found a stash of new still in plastic bags and boxes of Shakespeare spools — might be what you need in there.

Mike: A lot of people are missing out on you talent.

Joe

That would be fantastic Fred, as I'm having absolutely no luck finding one. Just let me know how much you want for it.

I'd like to thank everyone for their interest and kind words...all the support keeps me inspired. 8)

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

foakes

Deep spool on the way tomorrow, Mike —

Splitting timber rounds and piling bark today — at least until noon.  After that it will be too hot to work outside doing that kind of chore.

Started early today.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

Quote from: foakes on July 02, 2018, 03:53:40 PM
Deep spool on the way tomorrow, Mike —

How many times has Fred came to the rescue when I needed a part? I've lost count! Boy I sure hope it's not as hot out there as it is here...too hot to be splitting wood...you are a trooper brother! Just came in from tending a little garden out back, and a few flower beds around the house, I was dripping in 15 minutes. Gonna grab a cold beer and slice this nice home grown tomato. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

happyhooker

Nice assist, Fred.

Into hot, humid weather in Minn. too; mowed the lawn this AM & tried to get done early, but got sidetracked.  Now, I'm just tuckered out.

Frank

boon

Man, Fred is like the real life reel parts Santa Claus, what a champion  :)

Gfish

Alright Fred!
One great thing bout this time a year is home-growen fruit n vegies. Had onea my wifes tomatoes the other day and it tasted soooo good. Just like when I's a kid.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

mo65

I put the 2065 on an 8ft. medium action, fast tip Daiwa Emcast surf rod. Probably couldn't assemble a better combo for the price...lotsa "bang for the buck" here. I'll use it to cast plugs and spoons while fishing a hi-low bait rig on the ol' 2091A. 8)

mo65

Got the spool from Fred, it's a real nice spool. It had an unused set of stock leather drags in it. I'm going to set those back and put a carbon fiber set greased with Cal's in there. I also swapped out the leather undergear washer for a delrin. It will keep that spool spinning smoothly if a lunker grabs my bait. Thanks a ton Fred, now I have a surf/pier deep spool and a creek/lake shallow spool. 8)

basto

Hi Mo
Not to confuse things, but I just thought it was interesting that Shakespeare kept the word "wonder" for their later made in Japan 2400 series.
I have an old Ambidex reel that was made in England and the company was related to Shakespeare later on and I have seen the 2400 series called "ambidex" also.

DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

mo65

Yes Basto, they made a lot of "wonder" reels over the years. Sorta reminds one of the "oreno" line from South Bend...Bass-Oreno lures and Cast-Oreno reels. 8)

oc1

Wonder Reels Wonderods, Wonderline, Wonder Lures, all in every shape and size.
-steve

mhc

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

mo65

I have this sudden urge to create the ultimate frankenreel...the "Wond-Oreno"...HA! :D ;D 8)