alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Penn Mag Tuned 10 testing
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
February 17, 2020, 10:28:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penn Mag Tuned 10 testing  (Read 4519 times)
xjchad
Sensei

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2019, 11:45:07 AM »

Sorry to hear about all the work getting in the way of your fishing Randy  Sad

Hopefully it clears up soon and you can get back on the water!

Husband, Father, Fisherman
cjsreelandrig@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/CJsReelandRig/
Donnyboat
donnyboat
Photo Group

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2019, 04:34:04 PM »

Thanks Randy for the reports & updates, nice pics, and thanks MHC, Mike for your good info on the bridges, it looked to me that the beveled & eared washers, need a good honing out in the centre, so they do slide freely, cheers Don.

Don, or donnyboat
Lingwendil
East SF bay area pier rat

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2020, 09:38:26 AM »

Any updates on this setup? I've been fishing a lovely stone stock Mag 10 (courtesy of xjchad, thanks again!) on a 7' "medium" Ugly stik lite Pro as my primary rig the last few months, and love it so much that a Penn 210 is going to be delivered today, and I may have to do a jigmaster handle and a 5+1 stack on it Smiley
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:39:53 AM by Lingwendil » Logged
thorhammer

"You can't drank all day if you don't start..."

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2020, 10:55:49 AM »

Jigmaster has 24-66 handle; I put them on all my 210 / 209's. 24-49 is the next one up and really has long throw. I replaced my stock 10 handles with 24-310's; they have an extra half inch or so vs. stock 24-155 the Mag 10 comes with and a nice modern football knob ans stainless blade. These are my go-too rigs for schooley stripers; I just made sure all have greased carbontex drags and they fish 20 lb that I use quite fine.

John
JRD

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2020, 11:15:39 AM »

Any updates on this setup? I've been fishing a lovely stone stock Mag 10 (courtesy of xjchad, thanks again!) on a 7' "medium" Ugly stik lite Pro as my primary rig the last few months, and love it so much that a Penn 210 is going to be delivered today, and I may have to do a jigmaster handle and a 5+1 stack on it Smiley

The update is that I can't break this reel no matter how hard I try.  It goes with me on every trip and has caught most of our inshore SoCal fish and a few pelagics.  The under sleeve shims solved my bridge wear issues.  I use Bryan's 5 stack with no issues.  I had 210s but let them go since Spectra gives me enough capacity on the Mag 10 and the drags are more than I need.

I like counter balanced handles and use either Accurates or Motives on mine with Alan's EVA knobs.  I do have one that I'm testing Okumas ergo knob handle from a Cortez  on and really like it so far. 
xjchad
Sensei

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2020, 11:23:57 AM »

I've been fishing a lovely stone stock Mag 10 (courtesy of xjchad, thanks again!) on a 7' "medium" Ugly stik lite Pro as my primary rig the last few months, and love it so much that a Penn 210 is going to be delivered today, and I may have to do a jigmaster handle and a 5+1 stack on it Smiley

Glad it's working out well for you!  These are great reels!  I'm really excited that I was able to re-aquire my greem Monster Mag, and I'm starting a new Mag 10 build soon as well  Smiley

The under sleeve shims solved my bridge wear issues.

I'm so stoked that those shims solved that issue Randy!
PS-  your 10-49 adapter shims are done.  Working on the levelwind deletes now.

Husband, Father, Fisherman
cjsreelandrig@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/CJsReelandRig/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: