Atomic Buffalo Turds

Started by ChileRelleno, July 04, 2018, 01:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

I had a hankering for some sides to go with the Bacon Cheeseburgers I'm grilling tomorrow for the Fourth of July, and my mind fixated on some Atomic Buffalo Turds.
So I got off work a little early and grabbed a few key items from the store, headed home and went to work.

Now I like mine in a whole chile Jalapeno that has been capped, seeded and veined.
And for stuffing I'm pretty versatile, today I went with Chihuahua cheese and spices, cilantro flakes, onion powder, cumin and Cajun spice.
All wrapped up in thick cut bacon and Hickory smoked (wish I had some mesquite) at 275°-300°.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Reel 224

I know what a cow plop looks like, but a Buffalo turd that looks like a jolapino I didn't know they looked like that ??? :D :D ;). hot ####!
Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

I'd call them Jalpeno poppers but that works too!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

David Hall

You just gave me an idea what to do with that pile of jalapeños I picked last Saturday.
Looks delicious.

Shark Hunter

Those are really good.
I have had them before.
Lots of prep, but Man they are Delish!
Life is Good!

Dominick

There's a rumor going around that if you stand still too long John will wrap you in bacon.   :D ;D :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Dominick on July 05, 2018, 10:18:53 PM
There's a rumor going around that if you stand still too long John will wrap you in bacon.   :D ;D :D ;D Dominick
Long Pig wrapped in bacon, stuffed with aromatic vegetables and herbs and rotisserie grilled over an oak fire  ;D
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

theswimmer

Quote from: ChileRelleno on July 05, 2018, 10:52:23 PM
Long Pig wrapped in bacon, stuffed with aromatic vegetables and herbs and rotisserie grilled over an oak fire  ;D

John , Most of these Europeans  don't  understand " Long Pig ".........
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Aiala

Quote from: theswimmer on July 05, 2018, 11:00:49 PM
John, most of these Europeans don't understand "Long Pig"...

A venerable euphemism for what otherwise might be termed "Cannibal's Delight"...  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

ChileRelleno

Quotelong pig
[long pig]
NOUN

a translation of a term formerly used in some Pacific islands for human flesh as food.
We survive an airplane crash or other disaster and we've no food...  I will eat your dead body with little compunction.
Ragnar Benson:

Dominick

Quote from: ChileRelleno on July 05, 2018, 10:52:23 PM

Now that is serious and funny at the same time.   :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.