SX 5.3 spool tube length?

Started by Natarach, July 12, 2018, 01:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natarach

Hi

My friend asked me about the sound when shake the reel in left-right direction.
I think it is the sound of spool tube (no. 15) so I test it by greasing the spool shaft make it a bit sticky on the area that contact the spool tube. And the sounds gone.

My question is
1.   what is the length of the SX5.3's spool tube ?  My friend's is 2.3 cm (My SX is not with me so I cant inspect mine  for him  :-[
2.   Is it normal to have the gap between spool bearings and spool tube?

Ps. I tried to search internet to find the lengt and not found  :-[

Regards,
Natarach

alantani

this is tough, because it has to be exact.  well, either exact or 1-2 thousandths over.   you almost have to do this with a reel in hand. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Natarach

Quote from: alantani on July 12, 2018, 01:44:49 AM
this is tough, because it has to be exact.  well, either exact or 1-2 thousandths over.   you almost have to do this with a reel in hand. 

Hello    I found this  :D

But cant figure it out about the gap/no gap between spool bearings and tube.  ;D

Natarach

Ok I have the answer.

The spool tube that I mentioned is SHORTER than other SX. It's 22mm. instead of 25mm I will ask the authorized deler in Thailand for what they can do for me  :'(

alantani

the bearing sleeve is supposed to touch both bearings without being too long.  it has to be an exact length.  are you saying your's is too short?  if that's the case, you'll need a new one from avet.  or you have to make your own. 

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=138.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Natarach

Quote from: alantani on July 12, 2018, 02:44:59 PM
the bearing sleeve is supposed to touch both bearings without being too long.  it has to be an exact length.  are you saying your's is too short?  if that's the case, you'll need a new one from avet.  or you have to make your own. 

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=138.0

That's really good tutorial Mr. Alan ! Thank you so much.  Maybe I have to follow your advice if the dealer have no spare part.

Natarach

Got a new one from the shop that I purchased.  Hope it will be okay this time  :)