New Accurate Star Drag Tern

Started by Leviathan311, July 12, 2018, 06:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

I ordered a TX-500 today !!  Fingers crossed Lol !!!    John Taylor

badfish71

I've seen the internals. Looks like a modern Newell.

alantani

yup.....
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Frank

I have a 400 and 500 4.7:1's  on order for two months now. I contacted Accurate to see what the hold up is and they stated the gears for this model aren't even made yet. If I ever receive them I will dissect and post pics.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Leviathan311

Quote from: alantani on November 08, 2018, 02:40:41 AM
yup.....
Nice, how was drag performance and reliability on the old Newell's?

Rivverrat

Quote from: Leviathan311 on November 13, 2018, 05:38:20 AM
yup.....
Nice, how was drag performance and reliability on the old Newell's?

It's very good after upgrading friction washers... Jeff

Gfish

I think no AR dog on the Tern, no buy.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Rivverrat

I know enough about these reels that cause me to be sceptical for my use.

I will try this reel out at some point as of now I see no reel unseating my Penn Torques. Yes there is a sizable price diff. For what I get in return it's worth it to me.

54bullseye

I got my TX 500 a few weeks back and I like the looks and feel of it ! I will only be using mine for Cod, Haddock, Pollock and maybe A big old HALIBUT if I am extremely lucky !!! Will be watching to see what the WORD on them is !! I will report when mine goes into action.  John Taylor

54bullseye

LeperKuN

yup.....
Came here looking for people's (especially yours) opinion on Accurate Tern reels. I was told to look into those. I am not even sure if it's a good investment. I am looking for a star drag reel that is narrow with good amount of drag. Budget no more than Shimano Trinidad 16na.

What's your opinion on this reel? And if it isn't as good as it can be for the price- what do you recommend?
I never give up, only take breaks.

alantani

the gear teeth are really tiny.  i'm concerned that they might shred under too heavy of a load.  personally, i would not invest in one.  many have and are apparently happy. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ReelPatina

Well this is how mine came...

nelz

Quote from: ReelPatina on July 06, 2021, 02:31:01 AMWell this is how mine came...

What are we looking at there? Is that CNC cutting errors?

MarkT

I saw this on bloodydecks, I don't think it has any impact on performance, it's just a cosmetic flaw.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!