New Accurate Star Drag Tern

Started by Leviathan311, July 12, 2018, 06:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelPatina

No impact on performance , but this is not a factory second. Sloppy.

Yes, cnc cutting defect allowed to pass through quality control. There is an actual jagged pocket left in the side plate.

nelz

ReelPatina

Whelp, the Manufacturer believed it is totally acceptable and I am an #### for bringing it up because the reel is perfectly functional. 

MarkT

Yeah, they're selling them as premium products but letting them out the door with defects like that. Can you see BMW selling cars with dents because it's just a cosmetic defect with no impact to performance?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ReelPatina

Exactly, needless to say I will never be a customer again. Very taken back to say the least. I would have to believe some hound dogs were let loose as well.

oc1

Yeah, that's shabby.  I'll give you a hundred bucks for it so it is not a complete loss.

Gfish

Quote from: MarkT on July 11, 2021, 03:21:46 AM
Yeah, they're selling them as premium products but letting them out the door with defects like that. Can you see BMW selling cars with dents because it's just a cosmetic defect with no impact to performance?

Naw, but I can see any car company selling people vehicles with unseen and maybe known defects, such as glitchy electronics. Design, manufacture, and especially testing, takes time and effort which all = $. Business model may be to get 'em sold ASAP, then try and reduce recall losses as much as possible, perhaps calculating a positive cost/benefit ratio for themselves in the long-run. Tying stuff up in court might be one of their strategy's.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!