alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Aftermarket Handles for Baitcasters
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
February 22, 2019, 05:09:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aftermarket Handles for Baitcasters  (Read 2736 times)
Cor
Cape Town

I am probably fishing......

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2019, 11:41:41 PM »

I have been burnt before, but could not resist.

They have not yet arrived, but it usually takes a long long time to get here!

We were talking about these cheapo handles on another thread here and I summed it up like this: A $10 chinese handle is like a lottery ticket...might be a winner...and it might not! Cool
Maybe I did not make the connection or did not see.   Ill let you know what I recieve, maybe suitable for a sinker Grin Grin

I suddenly remembered that I promised some more info.....LOL

I Eventually received the two handle knobs, took 2 months all the way from China for about $5-00.   Looks OK, a little bit light for my liking, but it is what I ordered.    I fitted one to a Penn Fathom 25N handle, went and made about 20 casts and retrieves with it and packed it away.

I fitted it about 3 mm inside from where the original knob was and it does not "feel" quite right but I probably have to get used to it.    I don't like the reel so don't know when I'll use it properly so I can provide a durability report.

I can't figure out how the Chinese can mail stuff overseas so cheaply.  They must have some sort of government subsidy or incentive program.
-steve
Yes, they shipped it to Cape Town via Sweden?? must have some sort of scheme!   I also got a $5-00 discount from Alibaba which made it ridiculously cheap, 2 handle knobs, including bearings, for $5-00
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:45:06 PM by Cor » Logged

Cornelis
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: