Discount Aftermarket Handles

Started by mo65, July 12, 2018, 01:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cor

Quote from: Cor on August 26, 2018, 02:49:11 PM
Quote from: mo65 on August 26, 2018, 02:25:32 PM
Quote from: Cor on August 26, 2018, 07:56:22 AM
I have been burnt before, but could not resist.

They have not yet arrived, but it usually takes a long long time to get here!

We were talking about these cheapo handles on another thread here and I summed it up like this: A $10 chinese handle is like a lottery ticket...might be a winner...and it might not! 8)
Maybe I did not make the connection or did not see.   Ill let you know what I recieve, maybe suitable for a sinker ;D ;D

I suddenly remembered that I promised some more info.....LOL

I Eventually received the two handle knobs, took 2 months all the way from China for about $5-00.   Looks OK, a little bit light for my liking, but it is what I ordered.    I fitted one to a Penn Fathom 25N handle, went and made about 20 casts and retrieves with it and packed it away.

I fitted it about 3 mm inside from where the original knob was and it does not "feel" quite right but I probably have to get used to it.    I don't like the reel so don't know when I'll use it properly so I can provide a durability report.

Quote from: oc1 on August 26, 2018, 08:57:49 PM
I can't figure out how the Chinese can mail stuff overseas so cheaply.  They must have some sort of government subsidy or incentive program.
-steve
Yes, they shipped it to Cape Town via Sweden?? must have some sort of scheme!   I also got a $5-00 discount from Alibaba which made it ridiculously cheap, 2 handle knobs, including bearings, for $5-00
Cornelis

mo65

There are lots of options for spinning reels out there too. These aftermarket knobs usually come with enough hardware to fit the knob to most any handle. Some drilling or filing may be required...depending on whether your knob shaft is a screw or peened in place.  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

RowdyW

I just got a round knob from China. The shank that goes through the arm is 3.45mm diameter. It said it would fit up to a 10000 series spinner. It's even to small to fit my BG 4500 handle arm. I guess that's why the don't give any dimentions. I'd have to make a bushing to make it fit.To expensive to send back to China.       Rudy

Hankzudd

i'm learning how to do this on older penn spinning reels;

first one (Battle II), the new pivot screw was smaller than the hole in the original pivot, so i just unscrewed the pin off the chineese handle & used a brass rod peened on both ends to replace the screw; didn't want to drill out my original pivot in case i didn't like the new handle.

second one (850SS) i couldn't remove the screw that connects the pivot to handle (on orginal one), so orders a used pivot & drilled it out to accept the screw that came with the new handle. both feel great.

looking to do a 550SS with one of the handles you have to drill out the original attatching pin; should be ok.

BTW, you can get these Plano 4 Gun cases from WM online for $10, but there's a $35 minimum or pay shipping, but it's still cheaper than buying one for $30.

handi2

I have a bunch of these handles and knobs if needed. I just don't sell or install them anymore.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

Here is one of those on an Daiwa reel. Anyone want it..!!

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

Hankzudd

what size is the hole? think it would fit a Shimano Bantam 50?

i'll take it anyway, may work out on one of my freshwater reels;

where do i send shipping cost? take PP?
thank you

eta; looked at the pic, saw reel size; i'll take it in any case.

handi2

It fit that Daiwa reel perfectly. Just PM me your USA address and it's yours.

I don't need it for anything. Just to make sure I'm sending you the entire reel.

I do have more of these and other handles.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

Gulf Breeze, FL

nelz

Quote from: handi2 on November 12, 2022, 11:39:43 PMHere is one of those on an Daiwa reel. Anyone want it..!!

Keith

I could use one Keith, if any are left.