A Randy Pauly T3N just finished, ... SWEET!

Started by STRIPER LOU, July 13, 2018, 10:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

I've had a pair of these for months and just getting around to finishing the first one. Shop is crazy busy as usual!

All of these that Randy has worked on with Tiburon, TN's and TXN's make a really sweet reel. Thanks for bringing them to us RP.

No matter which model and what combination,  ....   stock plates, CC plates, etc., they go together like clockwork and I haven't had a single problem whatsoever.

Custom in house Purple Acrylic knob to match the Purple Frame, Adam F's star and Alan T's handle arm jeweled, 5:1 SS gear set, Alan T's SS gear sleeve, Keta's SS dog and a shop made 5 stack for drags make up the internals. All chrome was polished with 5000G, 3M Trizact.

I'm also working on the T60XN as time allows and its really staring to shape up. This one will have a purple frame, the wide body star, Black plates, and a Custom shop poured, Purple Acrylic and hopefully a few new custom made goodies to round out the build.

Kudo's to Vintage Offshore Tackle and looking forward to the P21XN.

All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

STRIPER LOU

Tiddlerbasher

David Hall

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Lou, that knob is the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen on a reel.  Thanks for the kind words about the Tiburon projects, but they are just products.  Your knobs are masterpieces that belong on an art museum!

There have been a lot of great components developed by and for the Ohana, but you have truly raised the bar.

Swami805

Beautiful reel Lou, the knob and the tooling on the star and blade really set it off. The only problem with the knobs is you don't make enough of them!
One of these days we need a group picture of all your purple reels,that would be something, if they'd all fit in the frame.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

xjchad

Wow, what a masterpiece Lou!
I love the jeweled handle blade and star!
And that knob!  :o
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

That knob is a perfect match Lou, I really like the purple and black combination.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

What a reel, Lou!

Thanks for showing us...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Fishy247

The Great Maudu

Wow Lou that is a great looking rig. Did you do the jeweling?

STRIPER LOU

Thanks all for the kind words! I'm really liking this reel and it gets plenty of attention at the shop.

Jeweling was done here Mike. Gives it a bit extra character.

Regard's,  ..  Lou

Reel 224

Lou: You put the touch on that reel, Nice work 8)..............Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.