alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Longer international and Tiagra handles?
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 11, 2019, 05:11:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Longer international and Tiagra handles?  (Read 281 times)
MidwestSharker

« on: July 15, 2018, 06:41:17 AM »

Hey yíall, Iím Adam, Iíve background crept posts on the forum for a few years and recently joined, this will be my first post. Looking for some advice and help where a part would be, if it even exists.

Down to the nitty-grittyÖI do a lot of land based sharking and Iíve got an army of different brands I like to use. One of them is an international 80 VSWS and another is a Tiagra 130.  Both very capable realĎs, both have caught me some decent fish. Problem is every time I use them I end up with the forearm cramp from Hell because of how short the handles are. I donít even take my international out anymore itís so uncomfortable, I even almost sold it last week. Does anybody make or sell an extended length handle appropriate for either of these models or know a company that does? Iíve emailed a couple sites trying to find out their product lengths but I canít seem to get a reply. The stock handle on the Tiagra 130 is 4 5/8Ē.  By far the worst offender, the stock handle on the 80 VSW is at most only 4 1/4Ē. Iíd like to find something more along the lines of my Avetís 80w handle at 5 1/4Ē.  Itís not much but that extra inch is significantly more comfortable.  Theoretically I could sell my other myriad brands and just outfit with Avets but Iím attached to what Iíve got.

Thanks yíall, appreciate any advice or replies

* CA7F0F0F-F49C-4EF1-92CC-B56F706EF9B1.jpeg (2038.95 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 66 times.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:43:07 AM by MidwestSharker » Logged

When in doubt, bomb one out - anonymous shark fisherman
Swami805

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 07:22:37 AM »

First Welcome, Tiburon makes after market handles for those reels, those might be worth a look. Randy-vintage offshore tackle works with them on frame projects, you might be able to help you out with those. He might have something else that could work too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: