Longer international and Tiagra handles?

Started by MidwestSharker, July 15, 2018, 02:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidwestSharker

Hey y'all, I'm Adam, I've background crept posts on the forum for a few years and recently joined, this will be my first post. Looking for some advice and help where a part would be, if it even exists.

Down to the nitty-gritty...I do a lot of land based sharking and I've got an army of different brands I like to use. One of them is an international 80 VSWS and another is a Tiagra 130.  Both very capable real's, both have caught me some decent fish. Problem is every time I use them I end up with the forearm cramp from Hell because of how short the handles are. I don't even take my international out anymore it's so uncomfortable, I even almost sold it last week. Does anybody make or sell an extended length handle appropriate for either of these models or know a company that does? I've emailed a couple sites trying to find out their product lengths but I can't seem to get a reply. The stock handle on the Tiagra 130 is 4 5/8".  By far the worst offender, the stock handle on the 80 VSW is at most only 4 1/4". I'd like to find something more along the lines of my Avet's 80w handle at 5 1/4".  It's not much but that extra inch is significantly more comfortable.  Theoretically I could sell my other myriad brands and just outfit with Avets but I'm attached to what I've got.

Thanks y'all, appreciate any advice or replies
When in doubt, bomb one out - anonymous shark fisherman

Swami805

First Welcome, Tiburon makes after market handles for those reels, those might be worth a look. Randy-vintage offshore tackle works with them on frame projects, you might be able to help you out with those. He might have something else that could work too.

Do what you can with that you have where you are