fishing with the santa cruz boys and girls club.

Started by alantani, July 17, 2018, 01:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i grabbed 20 rods/reels, 90 shrimp fly rigs, 30 weights, my foul weather gear, and my lunch, and took a short drive to santa cruz.  we boarded the legacy out of stagnaros landing and headed out to sea with 15 kids and 7 mentors from the santa cruz boys and girls club.  the captain and 3 deckhands rounded out the manifest.  it was a short run, lots of really little fish, but most of these kids had never been on the ocean before, much less gone fishing.  the kids had a blast, and that's what counts!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

fordfox

Someday they will look back and realize how lucky they were ;)

q3fishboy

Alan -

Thanks soo much for all of the help with everything.

Roy

alantani

it was fun!  yeah, normally we have a half dozen mentors from discover angling, but this time they were all grad students like roy, from the marine biology department and the university of california, santa cruz.  great group!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bhale1

Alan<
What a great thing to do! Im sure you had fun, but more important is how you helped mentor the next generation!
GO OHANA!!!!
Brett

stoked4fishin

HANOUK

thorhammer

I'll say it again...as much as we have all gained from Alan creating this site, I think it's peanuts to what he actually does for people at large. I have only had the privilege to be around him for about four days, but that visit left an indelible mark and I came away with a different perspective and a better person. Pay forward. We have to help the next generation.