Penn International 130S

Started by TheReelShop, July 19, 2018, 01:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

the shifter button is in the middle?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

1badf350

Yes, on my reel its in the middle of the handle nut
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

TheReelShop

Quote from: 1badf350 on December 09, 2022, 12:48:58 PMYes, on my reel its in the middle of the handle nut

Wow that was a nice find!, I thought the reel was new!

Cuttyhunker

I have a 130H, also with the globe.  Does it also fall into the not rare but somewhat uncommon category
Doomed from childhood

TheReelShop

Quote from: Cuttyhunker on April 11, 2023, 02:50:52 PMI have a 130H, also with the globe.  Does it also fall into the not rare but somewhat uncommon category

I would say so, that rod in your picture looks vintage and very very clean!

1badf350

That's a nice clean reel, but you're correct the 130H is not rare or uncommon. Penn made a ton of them. However, In the condition yours is in could be considered rare.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Cuttyhunker

Thanks Chris, found it on facebook MP with an I-50 and matching rod.  Mama was on her way to the home and the moving guys asked her about the tackle.  "Oh, they were my late husbands, I don't want them, you can just take them away".  I found the moving man and made a deal.

Reel Shop,
Rod is clean as can be, Tycoon Fin Nor guides but no butt.  Looking for a #6 straight aluminum butt, the rod base diameter is right at about 1 5/16"
Doomed from childhood

UKChris1

Lovely reel but I also think that rod is looking great. I'd love to see more photos.
I assume it is a 130lb class tip, given that you need a #6 butt. 
Are there any indications as to the brand or maker, apart from the Fin-Nor guides?

#6 Aftco butts seem to be readily available, both new and second-hand though if it was me, I'd look for a bent butt if you plan to use the rod. Cost me a fortune to get one from the US!

54bullseye

Here is a picture of the later 130-S II just to compare. Nice reel Chris and Cuttyhunker !!
John TaylorIMG_8513.jpg

UKChris1

Ooh that's a beauty too. Got to love a Penn 130 in all the various presentations.

Cuttyhunker

UK Chris, there were 2 rods set up identical wraps etc., the smaller one had a 50 on it, no makers mark on either.
Doomed from childhood

UKChris1

Thanks Cuttyhunker. Lovely, classic colours for the wrappings and beautifully done too.

Also, sorry for drifting into discussing the rod when the thread is about the 130S.