Ebay Reels

Started by mikeysm, July 19, 2018, 01:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

It's the lie they keep telling even after the pictures I take of the worn parts. They keep standing by the lie.

Mike

1badf350

I bought what was advertised as a black 114H Senator. Pics had poor lighting and it looked black. I even messaged the seller who confirmed it was black.
When I opened it, it was clearly a dark maroon. When I initiated a return the seller accused me of switching the reels. It turned in to a fiasco with ebay but I got my money back.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Alto Mare

Yes, most times that is the case. I just want to mention that there are some that actually try to switch the reel.
I take lots of pics when I do sell, but always rate mine much lower than they really are, so they get a nice surprise.

Ebay system does not work, if they don't wake up they will lose it all. I see stuff being sold all over the internet, but not much on ebay.
A sign that most feel the same.

I also want to mention that a couple of months back I had a nice reel for sale and a dozen or so buyers were fighting over it.
The buyer that won decided not to pay.
I contacted Ebay and asked if they would pay me the money and for them to try to get it back from the buyer.
They told me I had to wait 2 weeks before opening a dispute and for me to try to contact the buyer.
Of course he never answer.
Ebay made it very hard for you to contact them...very smart!

After 2 weeks they contacted me and mentioned that I could go ahead and relist my reel ;D.

They do not take auctions seriously, try to do that at a live auction.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mikeysm

Maybe we should start a seller black list and get the bad apples off of ebay The last seller offered 10 bucks off. He insulted me by doing that. Then after he said no returns he offered to take it back. After I took it apart to do a conversion. Well he can live with the bad review.

Mike

wfjord

I've never sold on ebay, I only buy --so far. I guess about the only thing you can do to a bad buyer is give them a negative rating and ban them from buying from you again.

I always pay immediately when I buy something on the 'bay.

bill19803

Ive bought three things  from  the bay  two   were  ok   deals  one  not   so great so i  try  to   stick  to  Randy  P  or  Sal  if i need  something. Seems  to  work out better that way  if they have what I need. And a lot less hassle.

festus

I've bought 47 reels from ebay this year and only had one problem.  One spinner was missing the drag washers.  The reel was in great shape and I still think it was a good deal.  No problem, I ordered the washers from Fishgrain.

oc1

When something arrives I never #### about it and never leave feedback; either good or bad.  What I like about ebay is that it saves time shopping.  What I hate about ebay is the sellers think that the more tape and bubble wrap they use the better.  Good packaging provides sufficient protection without going overboard.
-steve

nelz

FYI, eBay allows only positive feedback to be placed towards the buyer.

Marcq

Never had problem on ebay with sellers or buyers, I used to sell but don't anymore because you can't choose your buyer, any dumbass can bid on your item

Last year my friend sells his $3000 camera on ebay, the same day it was listed it got sold "yeah!!" 10 day later he gets a message from the angry buyer stating that he received a toy camera and he was going to file a complaint. WTF!!! What made matter even worse is that he had to have a loan to buy the camera in the first place months before to start a new business that didn't work out. I found the guy facebook page quit easily thanks to the internet and what do I see? The guy in vacation somewhere in Romania with my friend camera at its shoulder  >:(  also find out that he was living at his parent place and working for Ford. My friend tried to contact him but could only reach his parents that were not speaking english. Man it wasn't my camera but just felt like flying down Michigan  and giving him a wack.
Anyway, for a month it was a battle between him, paypal and ebay, the verdict was, he had lost $3000 and a camera  :( The buyer was ask to send the box with the toy camera back to my friend. When he received the box about ten days later, he found in it a toy camera and two empty bottle of perfume. BUT!!! The dumbass made a big mistake  ;D the box didn't weigh the same, 18 oz lighter  :D :D :D :D
Case closed
Marc..

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!