Sunday Chores, You did What?

Started by Brewcrafter, July 23, 2018, 12:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter

I wasn't sure if this fit better here under Lines and Knots or should go into the Ohana section.  Sunday is Chore day around the homestead, and in my household SWMBO makes the list (and for those of you who do not know me, SWMBO is shorthand for "She Who Must Be Obeyed"  ;)  Anyhow, had some of my working around the house shorts that were fine other than suffering from too much button stress.  For those of you out there that would say "Brewcrafter, you need to ease up on the beer and vittles and drop a few inches off the waist" you would most likely be correct.  But what to do when one loses a button on their otherwise good shorts?  Hmmm, I've got some Izorline Green Spot in the garage...

Now, should I ever have the honor of actually meeting or fishing with anyone on this site, I know how guys can geek out on fishing knots with "120% knot strength"  :D and I wouldn't want anybody stressing on "What the heck is holding up Brewcrafter's pants?  RP Knot?  Palomar?  Double Uni?  or OMG a Bimini Twist?"  Truth of the matter is a surgeons knot with a few half hitches for good measure.  I hope everyone had a great weekend and thanks for all the great posts!

thorhammer

I agree with 100 % of everything in this post....I actually put rods in boat but weather looked crappy so I doublehumped in the yard...should've splashed the sled instead..

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Picked about 8 lbs of jalapeño peppers and 4 pounds of Serrano peppers.  Went to the store and picked up carrots and onions and garlic.  Way to tiring so took a nap.  Woke up and notified one of my granddaughters who is indebted to me for canning duty that tomorrow afternoon we will be putting up a couple dozen or so 1/2 pint jars of pickled peppers Mexican style. 
  Then I went out to my mess of a garage and packed my cleaned and dried trolling bags in there storage bag ready for my next Halibut trip.
Rough day I need another nap.

foakes

Sue and I drove an hour to Fresno, picked up a church member who cannot drive, Sue attended church, I taught Sunday School to my High School class, had brunch at Plaza Ventana, dropped Mary back at her apartment, picked up a 6 Ton bearing press at Harbor Freight, got a haircut/trim, went to Trader Joe's, Starbuck's, got gas, came back home, assembled the press.

Press is a benchtop, weighs 52 pounds.  $58 + tax with a 25% off coupon.  Will adapt a chuck tomorrow to hold a pin punch.

Easy day, probably watch a movie on Amazon or Netflix tonight.

Starting to install a dust collection system to each stationary power tool in the outer shops tomorrow — table saw, jointer, band saw, 3 belt and disc sanders, miter saw, shaper, router table, dovetail jigs, lathe, drill press, mini belt sander.  Already have a Powermatic dust collector in place and remotely wired upstairs — just need to figure out the most efficient ducting and airblock doors.

Then will install air hose bibs in 4 locations for air tools throughout the downstairs shops, along with a condensation trap.  This compressor is also located upstairs, wired remotely, and ready to connect the lines up.

This will likely take a couple of weeks in between mostly working on reels.

It is actually relaxing work for me.

I am sure we all had different types of Sunday's today.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bill19803

Finished loading new atd 130  with 1100  yds  130  cortland c-16 braid,   300 yrds 135  izor mono  and  25 yards   izor  floro all  connections  knotless,  made   4   top  shots   for  yellowfins'  Arm  tired    took a  nap 

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!