Avet lx 6.0 drag

Started by Noahg727, August 02, 2018, 06:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noahg727

My buddy is trying to ramp down his drag on his Avet lx 6.0. He said it ramps up too fast and doesn't need the higher side of the drag curve. We're wondering how we could either ramp it up slower, or just get an overall lower drag range. We discussed changing the Belleville washer orientation. It's currently oriented    ()(). Could we take out a stack, like just run it (), or even ()(, what's your thoughts.

RowdyW

Whatever you remove you will probably have to make up the difference in height with shim washers.     Rudy

handi2

I have filed the cam on many of these reels used for King Mackerel and Sailfish kayak fishing. That's all it took. Just start out with easy filing and test often. Looking at the side of the cam you can easily see the ramp.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

SoCalAngler

Avet makes an alternative Cam that ramps up slower. For the SX through MXL I believe it's called the Kodiak cam and for the JX and LX it's called the south Florida cam.

If you taking any of the belleville washers out you will lose freespool if you don't add enough shims to make up the difference of space you lost.

Edit: It will never change the drag curve just removing the washers. Trust me