10 T4N1 Kits Still available as of 10/9/18: Silver, Black & E. Blue

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 06, 2018, 02:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Update 9/3 9:30PM:  As of now, the following kits are available:

Silver: 5
Black: 3
Electric Blue: 2

We making another run of Tiburon T4N1 extra narrow frame/spool kits for the Penn 113H 4/0 Senator.  I am scheduled to pick them up on October 4 and will be shipping shortly thereafter.  These kits have an effective frame width of 1 5/8", as compared to 2 1/8" wide for the current T4N Yellowtail Special, and 2 7/16" wide for the stock 4/0 Senator, with corresponding weight reduction and improved ease of use.  All frames will have a black foot and rod clamp.  I am just looking for orders now.  I will not be asking for payment until I am going down to pick them up.  If you have already placed your order, you do not need to confirm again.

As most of you know, the Penn 113H Senator is a tank of a reel, bulletproof, reliable and easily serviced, with all parts readily available.  It is easily capable of fishing 60 lb. line right out of the box, and the sky is the limit with all of the high performance aftermarket parts available here on Alantani.com.  The extra narrow Tiburon spool, machined from a solid billet of aluminum and lightened wherever possible without sacrificing strength, will hold as much or more 65 lb. Spectra as a full-size 6/0 Senator holds of 60 lb. mono, providing sufficient line capacity for almost any West Coast species to be found on any local or long range trip within five day range.

The frames will be the same design as Tiburon's new-style Senators (topless with the flanges to replace the inner trim rings), and there will be no slots in the frames for harness lugs.  The rod clamp brackets will offset outwards (as we did on the 349 kits) for maximum width. The kits are compatible with all stock Made in the USA Penn 4/0 High Speed Senator side plates (113H, 113HL, 113HLW, etc.).  They also work with the "new style" Cortez Conversion side plates and with Lee Pro side plates.  I have been told that they will not work with Chinese Senator side plates (I am not sure why).  They do not work with Accurate Accuplates.

The kits are $159 PayPal, plus $4.94 for shipping by USPS first class parcel with tracking to anywhere in the USA, including Hawaii and Alaska, and to all US territories served by USPS, for a total delivered cost of $163.94. If you would like to buy, please let me know the color and quantity and I will reserve them for you.  We ship worldwide at the actual cost of postage, but please do not ask us to undervalue the product on the customs forms.

If you would like a kit, please place your orders now and I will reserve it for you.  Payment will be due on October 1.

Thank you,

Randy

NOTE REGARDING COLORS:  Since there are frequently variations in shade from one batch to the next, even when using the same anodizing company to produce the same color, we cannot guarantee color matches.  That being said, black and silver can generally be counted on to be close to a match.

swill88

(1) Silver frame and Silver spool please.

Thanks Randy.

Steve

mikeysm

I found it easier to have red side plates and a electric blue frame with a red spool. That combination doesn't show to much color change between the side plates and the spool.

Mike

STRIPER LOU

Randy, this setup makes an awesome reel! Please be so kind to put me down for 1. Purple frame and Purple spool.

Ya probably guessed the color anyways!    Will additional spools be available for these and if so can you give an estimate on the cost?

Thanks for bringing these around for a second time! I think your going to have to do the same with the P21XN. That's going to be a killer, little reel.

Now, if we could only get Tom to make some 4/0 and Jiggy plates in purple?

Maybe I can bribe him with a custom knob in purple. I think I saw his order for the P21XN in purple. In purple, I have some stock material and I also have 3 or 4 custom pours that are an absolute knockout. I also have a new material I've been experimenting with and the colors are coming out spectacular! We are testing it now for durability.

Have a great evening RP and the best to the crew,  ..  Lou

doradoben

Hi Randy,
I'd like to order 1 kit. Silver Frame and Silver Spool with no Graphics or Lettering.
Thank you for responding to my P.M.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Steve, Mike, Trevor, Lou and Paul.  It looks like I will probably need more time to rustle up the orders, but if we don't get in on the end of August run, they will be ready no later than the first week of October.  Please let me know if that is too late for you.

Thanks again,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on August 09, 2018, 12:17:59 AM
Randy, this setup makes an awesome reel! Please be so kind to put me down for 1. Purple frame and Purple spool.

Ya probably guessed the color anyways!    Will additional spools be available for these and if so can you give an estimate on the cost?

Thanks for bringing these around for a second time! I think your going to have to do the same with the P21XN. That's going to be a killer, little reel.

Maybe I can bribe him with a custom knob in purple. I think I saw his order for the P21XN in purple. In purple, I have some stock material and I also have 3 or 4 custom pours that are an absolute knockout. I also have a new material I've been experimenting with and the colors are coming out spectacular! We are testing it now for durability.

I can't wait to see those knobs Lou!  Tom, if you read this and are planning to run purple components, it would be great if you would wait until you receive your purple P21XN to see if you would want to do something close to the Tiburon purple.  I expect them to be ready within the next two weeks, and will post the info as soon as Tiburon gives me an ETA.  Thanks, Randy

STRIPER LOU

If it comes to October to get enough orders, I'm fine with that.

Thanks again Randy!

..........Lou

mikeysm

No problem here more time to get all the parts together.

Mike

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on August 09, 2018, 05:49:35 AM
Quote from: STRIPER LOU on August 09, 2018, 12:17:59 AM

I can't wait to see those knobs Lou!  Tom, if you read this and are planning to run purple components, it would be great if you would wait until you receive your purple P21XN to see if you would want to do something close to the Tiburon purple.  I expect them to be ready within the next two weeks, and will post the info as soon as Tiburon gives me an ETA.  Thanks, Randy

Thanks Randy. That's why I ordered one. There have been a few requests for purple.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

swill88

doradoben

October is good with me.
Thank you, Randy.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

We have scheduled this new run of 30 Tiburon T4N1 extra narrow frame/spool kits for the Penn 113H 4/0 Senator to be ready in early October.  If you would like to be able to select your color or combination of colors, I would appreciate it if you would please place your orders soon because Tiburon is probably going to be asking for my color mix by the end of August, and I will probably order any unsold kits in silver.  I am just looking for orders now.  I will not be asking for payment until I am going down to pick them up.

Thanks,

Randy

Fishy247

I need another one of these like I need a hole in my head.....that being said, I'm having a very hard time resisting...lol.

Ok, already! You talked me into it. Put me down for one... ;D

I'm leaning towards either cobalt blue or dark green. Do you have any links to pictures of these colors?

Thanks,
Mike

Maxed Out

Hi Randy, put me down for (1) dark green spool and frame.

Thanks, Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!