Cedros Sport Fishing, September 2-6, 2019

Started by alantani, August 07, 2018, 02:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Put me in for 2019 as well.  Looks like I'll have the vacation time.  I'm already signed up for 2 10 day trips for next year.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

mark, you're on!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

ok, um, todd, you are signed up for 2019.   i don't think we're going to let you off the hook on this one.   ;D

alantani

i already spoke to rosie about having 6 boats and only two per boat.  i also want the fish gutted, gilled and slushed on board.  not sure if slush is possible.  i know they will have no problem getting salt........   ;D

Ron Jones

The slush is something I was concerned about. It is a shame to have the fish processed at such a high level when they weren't cooled down correctly in the first place. The boats aren't really set up for it, but it is something Rosie will have to figure out if the goal is to advance to the next level.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Hardy Boy

At least they put them on ice unlike some other pangas I have fished on. Would kill bags with ice work after bled, gilled and gutted? The hold works good for bleeding and initial cooling. I had some YT last night and it was good. I agree that the fish care could be taken up a notch. They will also have the AC unit hooked up in the fish room which will keep the processing area cool and Rosie mentioned that they will be putting in blast freezers in the future.

Todd
Todd

Ron Jones

I actually think the holds would work if they hold water, it would just be a PAIN to clean. Once they were cooled down in a salt slurry I think kill bags would be fine. They would probably be fine just staying in the hold as long as there was room to bleed and cool down. Gutting and gilling is the big one, that way the inner cavity has access to the cooling effect.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Wally15

They also need better insulated bags to transport the fish to CBX. Some of the fish packs were already soft as we were distributing them. Only about 4 hours after bagging them at Cedros. Everyone was nice enough to give me fish that was still frozen for my trip to GA. And Ron took his to 5 Star for a flash freeze. My fish made it home still in good shape.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Ron Jones

Like the Canook mentioned above. The big issue with the fish is freezing facilities on sight. The chest freezers they have now are inadequate. Rosie says they have a plan to fix that this year, she was also interested in the insulated bags Alan used. I had my fish out of 5 Star for 11 hours or so and they weren't rock hard when I left. The bags kept them cold until I got them in the freezer, still in good shape.

The operation is growing, and I think they have a path to rectify this issue. That's a good thing, I intend to continue being a costumer for years.
Th Man
Ronald Jones
"

OneDay

No problem Alan.  Thanks for the call.  I look forward to fishing with you in the future!

fIsHsTiiCkS

Truly bummed I miss this, if a spot comes available let me know

alantani

I can add your own name to the list.  I might even look into a second trip.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: alantani on September 15, 2018, 03:17:13 PM
I can add your own name to the list.  I might even look into a second trip.

Please add me on the list! Jason Danchise. Hope that second trip comes through

alantani

ahistick

:o :o :o

Darn, the 2019 trip filled quick!  I need to log in more frequently  ;)

A friend just came back from a Cedros fly-in trip and he got a couple of wahoo and a personal best 45lb yellowtail!