Cedros Sport Fishing, September 2-6, 2019

Started by alantani, August 07, 2018, 02:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrinch

Gonna miss you down there this year, Ron. I have a feeling that my roomie Todd will make up for your VOLUME around the fire pit, but not your content! ;)  Alan, I will be driving in on Monday morning from Temecula like I did last year. Mook, do you need a ride down Monday morning? Unfortunately I won't be driving back that way after the trip. I'll be driving the coast route back north. Anyone else need a ride back north?

Hardy Boy

Rich: I brought extra ear plugs for you in case I snore !!! ........................ there is a good chance. Mook and Pete are meeting me at the AP on Sunday (I hope) and then we are staying with the rest of the troop at the Vagabond. I will assume that you meant that my content around the fire pit is much more engaging and intellectual ??

can't wait:

Kanook.
Todd

ldoret94

No worries Todd, Mook and I will be there to pick you up on Sunday

scrinch

Quote from: Hardy Boy on August 22, 2019, 04:43:56 PM
Rich: I brought extra ear plugs for you in case I snore !!! ........................ there is a good chance. Mook and Pete are meeting me at the AP on Sunday (I hope) and then we are staying with the rest of the troop at the Vagabond. I will assume that you meant that my content around the fire pit is much more engaging and intellectual ??

can't wait:

Kanook.
No problem. Snoring doesn't bother me. I've gotten used to it in stereo on my Alaska trips. I just meant that your and The Chief's receivers are tuned to different stations. :)

roosterfish

Alan, will take any 2020 date you have open-prefer sept but not picky

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Only 47 more hours then I start the first leg of the drive to SD.  I have my gear and cloths rendered down and everything fits into a 24"x14" bag.  I feel naked taking only 2 rods.... ;0)
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

Well Lee, If you change your mind about only 2 post up and I can bring another one for you.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

all you need is a 30 pound rig and a 50-60 pound rig.  we don't need to bring a half dozen rods each!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

I'm bringing 3... a 50# for fishing Mac's for YT and yoyo, a surface iron rig and a bass stick.

Keta

The only thing I would add is my go to pacific halibut rod for dropper  loop (50#)  but the 2 rods I have packed will do the job.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

If you're all in on YT you only need one... a 40-50# rig for making bait and fly lining/slow trolling a Mac.  You could yoyo or dropper loop with it too.   But then I didn't become a tackle enthusiast to just take one rig and a couple of hooks!  I usually substitute a different word for enthusiast!

Keta

Quote from: MarkT on August 27, 2019, 03:47:37 PM
I usually substitute a different word for enthusiast!

Ho, ho, ho.  I am having fishing gear withdrawals as I post.

Mark Twain

steelfish

The Baja Guy

OneDay

Here are 2 sites where you can see Cedros Island weather forecast.  Monday is looking good right now after being windy on Saturday.

http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Playa-Elefante/forecasts/latest/six_day
https://www.windy.com/28.173/-115.217/waves?27.941,-115.216,9,m:er6acW7

It is going to be really fun!

Cheers,

Ed