Cedros Sport Fishing, September 2-6, 2019

Started by alantani, August 07, 2018, 02:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Hardy Boy

fun time. We caught some exotics ......................... at least for me. Looking forward to trying the SH and White fish.

Cheers:
Todd

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MarkT

White fish taste quite similar to Yellowtail.  They call them poor mans yellowtail on the local boats.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

SoCalAngler

Try steaming the sheephead.

Place fish on rack above water. Add Old Bay seasoning to water and maybe some lemon or lime. Not too much on the seasoning or citrus. Steam until the fish flakes with a fork.

Poor mans lobster.

steelfish

Quote from: Hardy Boy on September 11, 2019, 05:41:59 PM
fun time. We caught some exotics ......................... at least for me. Looking forward to trying the SH and White fish.

Cheers:

mi Wife loves white fish more than YT

when I have the luck to catch some, we always prepare it as sashimi, not the normal sashimi way or japanese style, its more a cross style of Baja style ceviche and sashimi.

we cut it as for sashimi, but use lots of lemon juice as for ceviche, let the lemon juice work on the fish for 15-30 minutes and stir.
then use salt, pepper, red onion, avocado and ponzu sauce over the fish and some of your choice of hot sauce or fresh jalapenos, your choice.

we missed the avocado but pretty similar to this tostadas which were prepared on the panga

Alan, great report, awesome time

I also love YT collars, normally I always get the whole YT and processed at home, collars, upper loins, lowe loins, head, etc all in separated bags

The Baja Guy

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

I didn't come home with any Whitefish but I did get a couple of bags of Calico which is just wrong!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Marc Fong

So far I've seared the Whitefish and served it with a Mango Salsa; Yellowtail Sashimi; and seared Yellowtail with a  brown butter lemon sauce. Any recommendations for the Grouper?

steelfish

The Baja Guy

steelfish

Quote from: Marc Fong on September 11, 2019, 10:41:40 PM
.. Any recommendations for the Grouper?

I like to get the fillets from the grouper and fry them on half butter half olive oil, pour some some white fluor or cornstarch on the fillets before put them on the hot butter to get a crispy coat on the fillet, once the fillet is crispy you can have it like that, or add some "pico de gallo" veggies over the fillet, or prepare some Alfredo sauce and cover the fillets with that and add some mozzarella cheese over that, my kids love the fish this way.

Grouper is also great deep fried on big thick chunks

The Baja Guy

OneDay

Hi Mark,

I've cooked it in foil with fresh ginger, soy sauce, a splash of sesame oil and spring onions.  Most important thing is not to over cook it or it gets tough.  My favorite way was to drizzle olive oil and a little Cajun seasoning.  Put it on a hot BBQ.  Watch is closely and take it off when it is still translucent in the middle.  Let it rest while it finishes cooking.  Really moist and delicious!

Cheers,

Ed

Wally15

I wasn't the only one that took a siesta while fishing Cedros!
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Keta

The small piece of grouper I had got rolled in Panko and pan fried in olive oil and butter for my wife, she does not eat ceviche, and I tried it....IT WAS DELICIOUS!

I took a nap or two on the boats in the afternoon too Mike.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

yeah, that nap really saved me!  one of my superpowers is the ability to all asleep anywhere!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!