Super 270-Swapping from right hand to left hand retrieve

Started by festus, August 09, 2018, 05:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

I got my first Super 270 today.  It came with the handle on the right side, which, of course is for left handed fishermen.

It's been disassembled, cleaned, and left to dry.  Tomorrow l'll put it back together.

Looking at the schematic, there is no extra slide, some call it crosswind block, to convert the handle to the other side.

So I'm ok, right, I need no other part?

mo65

I'm not sure about the 270, but my Microlite 265 had the handle on the right when I got it, and it was just a simple side swap, no slide change. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

festus

Thanks Mike.  This is the first 270 I've ever seen.  Very seriously doubt very many were sold in East Tennessee.  I've never seen the Microlite 265, only pics, and it appears to be similar internally to a 270,only smaller.

I like these metal spools and drag washer setup.

oldmanjoe

:)  Nothing to change but the handle from one side to the other .  Yep it`s a lot of reel.....         joe
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare