Rod repair

Started by Reel 224, August 09, 2018, 08:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Here is a rod that I'm rebuilding for a customer that he has picked the colors for the wrap and I chose Fuji guides.

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

droppedit

Nice! Is that an old GatorGlass blank? My hats off to you for keeping your workspace so clean. I have pieces of thread everywhere.

Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

Fishy247

QuoteMy hats off to you for keeping your workspace so clean. I have pieces of thread everywhere.

X10...drives my girlfriend bonkers....lol

Lookin good!

Mike

Reel 224

That was taken before I applied the first coat of epoxy. I just finished the first coat this afternoon, I'LL take pictures when it is finished.

The rod building area looks clean after I cleaned it up, but it was a mess before :). My reel work area doesn't look so good, I need a bigger are to work, but since we are going to move next year I"m not going to mess with that.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelfish

looking good Joe

what kind of guides are you using?
The Baja Guy

Reel 224

Fuji and the blue is Fuji also. The customer wasn't particular about the guides but I told him I only use Fuji on light to MH rods. He was good with that.

Joe 

RamseyReelRepair

Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎

Reel 224

It will look even better when I finish the 3 coats of epoxy. It was a bear to doable wrap the guides over the decorative under wrap. I would have preferred to use plain wrap.

Joe     

Fishy247

Can you post a picture of one of the guides, with wrap, close up? I'm curious to see what you did there, but can't tell from the farther away pics.

Looks pretty sweet from what I can see though!

Mike

Reel 224

Quote from: Fishy247 on August 11, 2018, 05:58:06 PM
Can you post a picture of one of the guides, with wrap, close up? I'm curious to see what you did there, but can't tell from the farther away pics.

Looks pretty sweet from what I can see though!

Mike

Ruth took those pictures sorry, but I wrapped the guides up & down. Up meaning I wrapped from the foot to the guide. I will take pictures after I finish the third coat and when it's hard enough to handle.

Joe

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Reel 224

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 11, 2018, 11:59:58 PM
Looks Great Joe!

Thanks Daren. something was said about the location of this post on Jon's site. I did not realize that that was the wrong place for my post. So if you could move it to the proper place it would be appreciate.

Joe

Shark Hunter

It has been taken care of. ;)
Life is Good!

FatTuna

Looks damn good man. I need to learn how to build rods one of these days.

Jeri

In your new place, you might look at a slightly longer work bench, especially if you start doin surf rods. Our work benches are over 15' long for some of the one piece rods we have to build.   :) :)