Avet SXJ G2 - black color model discontinued

Started by reimersson, June 21, 2019, 03:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reimersson

Hi.
I look for a SXJ G2 model in black which is obviously not so easy to get anymore.
Does anybody know why?
Is it just because black color is not requested at the market or are there problems with the black color?

SoCalAngler

I'm not sure where you are looking but I have just seen a couple of black SXJ G2's at two different tackle stores in the pat few days. Avet's most common colors are silver, gold and blue so many suppliers will carry these. When you get into other colors Avet offers the supplier a chance to buy them but just like anything else in this world if the supplier can't move them fast enough how can they justify a order of colors that just sit on the shelve?

I'm somewhat like you, meaning all of my reels are mostly black in color and so are my rods. Stealthy right? Or do they just look nice?

Anyway look at other retailers as I bet they have them. When people look at the big websites for purchases most of the time they don't have stock to cover orders let alone all of the colors. They just get dropped shipped or it comes strait from the manufacture.

If Avet does not have a black SXJ G2 they will sell you in my experience with them it just means there has not been a demand for them yet but they will make a batch when they can move them.

I have been in Avet's stock room of completed reels and I can say it is small I mean very small. They never have hundreds of reels there of any given color, maybe in the 10's or 20's at best which are already going out. When they have orders to cover their cost they build reels and ship them out to the retailers. Not many reels sit there for a few days as they are supplying demand.