Penn Long Beach Live Bait Reel (259) narrowed

Started by Bryan Young, February 21, 2014, 07:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Are you referring to the cigar handles? Alan no longer makes those. The replacement 3/0 handle is better and more comfortable.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Gfish

Welcome Homer Hires! A fisheries Biologist, Cool!

This might be what Bryan is referring to. 2nd picture; A great product IMO, this "knob". The "handle" with it is no longer available. However, Maxed-Out in the for sale section may have some those nice fish picture anodized handles in different colors.
1st picture is my LB LBC-259. Not pretty, but beefed-up for trolling and bait fishing.
Relative to a Jigmaster, the 259 has a slower 3:1 gear ratio. But a + are the steel rings on both side-plates, not to mention the printing and picture on the bakelite plates.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Ron Jones

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 07, 2023, 04:47:03 AMAre you referring to the cigar handles? Alan no longer makes those. The replacement 3/0 handle is better and more comfortable.
WHile I own several of the 3/0s, I don't like them as much as the hot dogs, I don't think I'll ever find something that fits my hand better.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Gfish

Hmmm, I have relatively large hands and I like the way the 3/0 and 5/0 from Allen T. taper-down on one side for the 2 smallest fingers.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!