Latest Rod off the drying rack!!

Started by Snagged2, August 19, 2011, 02:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snagged2

I wanted to share some pictures of the latest Rod I built,,

It's a 7' E-glass blank, rated 40-60# XXH, Featuring EVA handle treatment,, Alps Aluminum Trigger seat,, American Tackle Heavy Virtus Boat guides,, PacBay Tungsten Carbide Tip Top..

We use these Mule models for hunting Flathead Catfish.. !!!

Steve-O

WOW!  :o  I'm really digging that rig!!! :o :o ;D

I came real close to building a green themed rod like yours  with an abalone wrap up front for my trips this year...but got too rushed and did something a LOT less outstanding than what you built.

Good looking wraps and quality crafting!

Would have loved to have had that on my Halibut and Alligator Gar trips in June and August!

thanks for sharing.
Steve-O

Snagged2

Hey Steve,
Thanks,, it's a lot of fun,, I built this one for myself,, and,, as you can guess, Green is my favorite color!!

I'd Love to try these out on some salty fish!!

Bryan Young

Wow, fancy work there.  Almost too good to fish with.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

seaeagle2

Really nice work, looks great, how did you get the handle to look like that.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Snagged2

The main material is called Vari-Swirl, and, I got that Custom Built from a prolific rod builder in NY,,named Billy Vivona..I don't know exactly how he makes or obtains it.... Probably something to do with VooDoo......

the rest of the handle construction is assembled from individual pieces of the different colored EVA material,,Black, green, etc... then glued together on a mandrel,, shaped while turning, with sandpaper,, then installed and glued onto the rod blank, and just build everything else into place,,,

,then,, wrap the guides...and otherwise finish up...

redsetta

Great work Snagged and a top-quality finish - very impressive...
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer