Worth it?

Started by RamseyReelRepair, August 23, 2018, 02:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: RamseyReelRepair on August 24, 2018, 12:56:16 AM
.................I just let me pysch myself out because I'd never done one and.................I wasn't familiar with.

careful when you are servicing a reel that you have never done before, specially the expesive ones like talicas, accurates, etc.
a small mistake can be an expesive one.
The Baja Guy

RamseyReelRepair

Good point! I go very slow so as to understand each part and how it interacts with the others before I move on.

West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎

Alto Mare

Quote from: steelfish on August 31, 2018, 07:45:36 PM
Quote from: RamseyReelRepair on August 24, 2018, 12:56:16 AM
.................I just let me pysch myself out because I'd never done one and.................I wasn't familiar with.

careful when you are servicing a reel that you have never done before, specially the expesive ones like talicas, accurates, etc.
a small mistake can be an expesive one.
Good advice compadre ;)
I have easily over $20,000 in parts, could be more I didn't count, and would still be hesitant working on a reel I've never worked on before.
If one of the part goes boing, you will need to replace it...if you happen to know which part it was and if it is still available.

I do not like to hang onto other people's reels, I like to get them out as quickly as I can.
I don't feel comfortable having a bunch of reels at one time, but I only do this on the side and do it as a hobby.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RamseyReelRepair

Thanks for the advice I've been trying to research reels before I accept them for work so I know the availability of parts and cost in case something goes wrong.

West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎