AVET PRO EX80,,SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE

Started by josa1, July 27, 2016, 05:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josa1

Start here........

Remove the left side plate again.  Make sure the pinion bearing and the drag control apparatus is fully seated in the right side plate.  Back the preset off to minimum, turn preset knob all the way to the counterclockwise position.

Reinstall the spool.  With the right side place facing down and the spool in place, turn the handle of the reel until the spool rotates normally, reel should be in the high speed position at this time.

Reinstall the left side plate, feel the plate as it goes on.  The drag dogs must fit properly inside the drag cover.  Pull the left side plate screws up slowly and evenly, turning the handle occasionally to be sure the spool still turns.  If it doesn't you'll have to start again.

This lock up by the way is usually caused by the pinion gears not being properly aligned with the main drive gears.

The right side plate should look like this before you reinstall the spool...

cabrego

Quote from: josa1 on March 07, 2017, 12:46:24 PM
Start here........

Remove the left side plate again.  Make sure the pinion bearing and the drag control apparatus is fully seated in the right side plate.  Back the preset off to minimum, turn preset knob all the way to the counterclockwise position.

Reinstall the spool.  With the right side place facing down and the spool in place, turn the handle of the reel until the spool rotates normally, reel should be in the high speed position at this time.

Reinstall the left side plate, feel the plate as it goes on.  The drag dogs must fit properly inside the drag cover.  Pull the left side plate screws up slowly and evenly, turning the handle occasionally to be sure the spool still turns.  If it doesn't you'll have to start again.

This lock up by the way is usually caused by the pinion gears not being properly aligned with the main drive gears.

What position should the drag lever be in?  Thanks I will let you know how it goes

Tightlines667

Quote from: cabrego on March 07, 2017, 06:58:36 PM
Quote from: josa1 on March 07, 2017, 12:46:24 PM
Start here........

What position should the drag lever be in?  Thanks I will let you know how it goes

Check to make sure the cam assembly is fully seated and test the function with the spool removed, by putting pressure on the cam and moving the lever from freespool to strike and back.  Make sure it is back in freespool b4 (w/cam and pinion bearing all the way in) reassembling.  Then install the spool, then install tailplate.. making dure the dogs fully seat and test antireverse function b4 tightening tailplate screws.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

josa1

Drag lever should be in the FREE position, you want the cam and pinion bearing to be fully inside the right side plate.  This gives you maximum room to install the spool properly.

josa1

cabrego

Thanks for the tips.  I believe I've figured out that the double dogs aren't seating correctly in the disc brake.  I am not sure what I need to do to get them to seat correctly.  I pointed the double dogs in the 'wrong direction' and everything went together great and seemed to work, but of course the anti-reverse function did not work.

So at least I now know what my issue is,  is there a trick to get the double dogs to seat properly in the disk break?  It seems that they should align by default but apparently, I am doing something wrong.

Tightlines667

Quote from: cabrego on March 08, 2017, 01:48:59 AM
Thanks for the tips.  I believe I've figured out that the double dogs aren't seating correctly in the disc brake.  I am not sure what I need to do to get them to seat correctly.  I pointed the double dogs in the 'wrong direction' and everything went together great and seemed to work, but of course the anti-reverse function did not work.

So at least I now know what my issue is,  is there a trick to get the double dogs to seat properly in the disk break?  It seems that they should align by default but apparently, I am doing something wrong.

Yes.

Place the dogs against the springs (in the correct orientation).  Then as you put the sideplate on rorate it in the counterclockwise direction slightly as you seat it, or rotate the spool in the clockwise direction (as you see it from the tailplate).  You should hear the dogs clicking/working, once you get it right.  Don't tighten down the screws until you get it to fully seat.

John
Hope springs eternal

cabrego

Thanks for your help, you guys are awesome.  I was able to install the spool with the dogs seated properly.  I can hear the buzzing of the dogs as I crank the reel, I assume this is normal.    Now I need to do the same thing to my 30w, mxl raptor, and a few others!

josa1

Fisherman1987

Hi Sir! Thank's this i open my TRX 80w and clean all the sand was inside the reel! But I'm confused with the Belleville Washers part # 27 on my reel. Those two washers have a conical form like a high point side they go placed back facing each other with both's high point side of the washers facing towards the bearing (right side plate) or they go in a different position? Thank You I will appreciate your help! Anthony

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal

Fisherman1987

Thank You Very Much!!! Last question if I put the Belleville Washers in the wrong direction I can break the reel? Thank you again!!!

SoCalAngler

Quote from: Fisherman1987 on July 27, 2019, 10:57:50 PM
Thank You Very Much!!! Last question if I put the Belleville Washers in the wrong direction I can break the reel? Thank you again!!!

Not likely but you may have freespool issues. Placing them like this (( or )) shortens the length of the spacing on the spool shaft and the spool could rub on the frame. Also, if you place them like this )( you could get some rubbing on the bearing or pinion gear they rest against.

Fisherman1987

Donnyboat

Well Joe, looking back on this tutorial, they dont come any better than that, thanks Joe for sharing, great job, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat