Not enough Drag....on Jigger 4000P

Started by NAZALINO, August 21, 2011, 02:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAZALINO

Hi.
I just finish upgrade carbontex washer on my Shimano Jigger 4000P. The drag power didnt increase so much :-\ comparing with the original dartanium washer drag, to set the drag untill the preasure i want i use to turn alot on the star (to the end and 3-4 cklick back)

Do i have to order the metal plate washer? (the carbontex washer in more thin than original washer)

How to upgrade now? ???

alantani

can you get a scale and see how much drag you are actually getting?  and of course, is there any possibility that you have spectra slipping on the spool?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

NAZALINO

Quote from: alantani on August 21, 2011, 04:35:33 AM
can you get a scale and see how much drag you are actually getting?  and of course, is there any possibility that you have spectra slipping on the spool?
Thanks Alan. I'll measure it with scale. Witch model of metal plate is for JIGGER 4000P. I just replace C-tex on my reel w/out changing those metal plate between the washer.

redsetta

That's the usual approach, Nazalino - you shouldn't need to replace the metal washers (unless they're damaged or corroded)...
Carbon fiber generally won't add drag capacity (unless you're changing the configuration etc), but it'll be smoother and more predictable/reliable under load (as well as lasting basically forever).
Let us know how the scale test goes.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

NAZALINO

RED...
I think i should reply the original metal to upgraded metal washer. Because the carbon tex washer is much more thin than the original dartanium washer. To keeping drag in heavy condition i use to turn the star untill the max than 5-6 click back. ??? ???

And where can i buy the upgraded metal washer and what model for 4000p?

reelgood

I recently picked up a 4000P myself, the metal washer that may need to be changed is the one top of the stack (drag pressure plate)

Here you see a photo of the stock Trinidad 30 plate, and next to it the plate that came with my 4000P (thicker one).  My reel was second hand and I am not sure where this washer came from but it doesn't look stock.  Most people order the Cal's Drag Plate from smoothdrag.com (not sure if one plate fits all as they only have 1 listed) I will just order the carbontex as I think this plate is thick enough.

Do you have a photo of the drag plate that came with your reel?

NAZALINO

Wow guys you all are wonderfull. Thank so much for help.
I'm living in macau and i think some of our shops may possible to make thicker metal washer.
Let me open my reel and take few photo to share. ;D