FIN-NOR Lethal Lever Drag Reels

Started by nelz, August 31, 2018, 08:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

Trying to decide between a Penn Fathom LD or a FIN-NOR Lethal lever drag but have very little intel on the Fin-Nor. Fin-Nor's website provides only marginal info and their schematic link is dead. So...

- Do the Fin-Nor's use thrust bearing(s)
- Do they have steel gears
- Do they have any cast control

Any hands-on experience report would be appreciated.

nelz

Hello? Anybody here own one of these?

Rivverrat

Only experience I have is with the Fathom lever drag. Spending time looking around the interweb I see that complaints or problems with them are very rare. That says a lot. The same can be said about few other lever drags made today. They are of a sound design that few have achieved... Jeff    

maxpowers

the fin-nor lethal lever drag 2 speeds are ridiculously cheap and well-built.  The only issue is the high resistance when cranking in high gear.  Low gear is a joy to use.

nelz

Got to handle one finally, brand new single speed model. Frame had rough unfinished casting edges but felt solid. The spool looked good. No infinite AR, so handle has a bit of back-play.

Unfortunately, the plastic lever and mechanism felt very cheap and clunky, rough to operate, and it all felt like it would go bad very easily. No way I'll be buying one of these. Still looking for a bargain Fathom!