Sad Day Indeed

Started by SoCalAngler, September 03, 2018, 05:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

I sit here in a beautiful house on the Sea of Cortez and miss my best fishing...no really my best friend.

My father passed away yesterday on the big blue of this sea we loved. While fishing he fell overboard on one of his good friends boat. The doctor here said he had a small stroke but in reality he has had many health issues for several years and falling overboard just may have led to the inevitable.

So I sit here in this house where most often there is laughter, huge lies of fish catching and just good fun. I ask myself why should I post this? No one here really knows me here. I have never met one of you. So in truth I really don't know why?

My father taught me how to fish. Me at 5-6 years old fishing large mouth bass in Florida, to living in Seattle catching salmon and steelhead when I was 8-11 then to So Cal at 12 where he showed me fishing the type of fishing I truly love. I went on my first long range boat at 15 and after that I was hooked. So together we fished a vast area for different types of fish but that is just the beginning of a long story, way too long to state here.

The first time I went to Baja, of course with him, it blew So Cal fishing out of the water so to speak. So much so he retired on the sea he loved so much.

So I find myself sitting hear in a quiet house with only the sounds of a blowing fan as I post this and a cat meowing at my feet waiting for her owner. The identification was not fun and I don't think this is the place to talk about that. It's Baja so I'm sure you get the idea.

I have to answer many e-mails before I can sleep tonight, if that happens.

Like I said no one here knows me and I don't know why I posted this but I just needed to say something.

Anybody looking for a great house and a hungry cat?

Rivverrat

Sorry to hear this. Not an easy thing for any one... Jeff

Cor

Very sad.   Sorry to hear of your loss of your Father, fishing friend and mentor.

Wishing you strength for the difficult days ahead.
Cornelis

Swami805

My deepest sympathies to you and yours Mark, post away if it helps. I hope the pain your feeling now melts over time and leaves all the good memories you shared with your Dad. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Shark Hunter

Mark,
I'm Sorry for your loss.
I lost my father many years ago, but I think about him every day.
My deepest condolences,
Daron
Life is Good!

Jerseymic

Sorry to hear of your loss of your father.

Mike

U.K.

Tiddlerbasher

A sad day indeed - I'm sorry for your loss Mark - Chris.

Alto Mare

My deepest condolences, Mark.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

So sorry for your loss, Mark.
I hope you can find a small bit of solace knowing he was doing what he loved.
My condolences to you and your family, and thank you for entrusting us with such a personal situation.
Best
Dom

STRIPER LOU

My deepest sympathies Mark.

The loss of anyone that close is hard to swallow. Even more so when its someone you look up too and your best fishing buddy.

Wishing the best to you and your family,  ..  Lou

bhale1

Mark
So sorry to hear of the loss of your father.
True, we have never met, but many of us can relate to the pain and sorrow you now feel.
I think it can be helpful to share, and I agree 100% with Sheridan.......post away if it helps.
Sorry again Mark, stay strong.
Brett

swill88

I'm so sorry to hear this Mark.  It won't be easy.
Take good care of yourself and family.
Steve

conchydong

Sorry for your loss.

Scott

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

joel8080

Mark

Sorry to hear of your loss.

joel8080
Oceanside,California