Sad Day Indeed

Started by SoCalAngler, September 03, 2018, 05:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RUSTY OLD COLT

Mark, sorry for your loss .... Rusty Old Colt

happyhooker

A very difficult time; glad you posted; just talking about things like that can help.
Most people would have said my Dad (RIP) was very reserved, but he worked hard and had time for me as a kid with Little League, Cub Scouts, camping and, yes, even a little fishing.  We got in the habit in later years of having a good long phone conversation every Sunday night; talked about a lot of stuff we had never talked about before, and after his death, I really, finally, discovered what missing a person you truly loved can mean.  I think maybe you feel a little the same way, so keep your memories close for they can be priceless.

Frank

steelfish

hey Mark, amigo.

sending you a really big and strong hug buddy and of course my condolences, you have plenty of nice stories to share about your daddy with your sons and more relatives and that house and that cat surely will be part of more stories soon.

take care buddy and stay strong.
The Baja Guy

Jim Fujitani

My deepest condolences.

It may be a cliche but, your father passed doing something he loved, with a friend he made, on a sea that he had grown to love.  Very few of us will be so fortunate.  Your memories of him will live on in your mind and your heart.

Gfish

Indeed. A huge personal loss, and for many a deep pain that disapates slowly, but never goes all the way away.

I've never met anyone here in person, but the beauty of this ohana section is that there's a fishingperson's connection and posting about family events feels like a right/good thing to do.

Any photos of Dad you can post?

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Brendan

A very sad day. Thoughts are with you.
Brendan.

Cortez_Conversions

Sorry for your loss Mark.
True, we have never met, but we are a family here.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Donnyboat

Condolences Mark, you were very lucky to have such a good relactionship with you Father, you will have many good memories, I lost my father in 2004, I still think of him every day, the world keeps going around, stay positive mate, & good health to you & your family in the future, cheers Don, time is a good healer.
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

Mark, through your postings and mentioning you and your Dad's fishing adventures in Loreto, I feel like I know you both.  Please accept my condolences and as Dom said I hope you find some consolation in that your Dad was fishing when he passed.  All my best to you and your family.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill Karr

Mark,
My deepest sympathies. There are no good words-only good thoughts.
Bill

David Hall

My condolences to you and your loved ones.  A most difficult time indeed but it sounds like your dad got to leave on his own terms, doing what he loved.  Post away anything that you want to get out, were hear and we're listneing.  We're all brothers.

redsetta

Sorry for your loss Mark.
Dom said it well and I can only agree, "I hope you can find a small bit of solace knowing he was doing what he loved."
Thanks for sharing too - honest fraternity is the lifeblood of this little community.
My sympathy and best wishes are with you.
Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

PacRat

I'm very sorry for your loss Mark. If there can be any bright side to this; he died doing exactly what he loved doing. I'm not sure any of us can ask for anymore when our time comes. It sounds like a fitting end to a life well lived. May your father rest in peace.
-Mike

Zimbass

Sorry for your loss. Remember the good times.

MHDSRIP.

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

jzumi

Condolences to you and your family.
John