DAM/Quick Super 275

Started by Alto Mare, September 16, 2018, 11:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

The Super is a nice size reel, but I believe the handle knob is a bit small, so I decided to make a larger knob

Much better now.

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

basenjib123

foakes

You are doing some great turning, Sal!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bhale1

Sal,
Wow!!! Keep up the good work. And, if you keep it up, John (Thorhammer) may have to change your name to "Obi-Wan- Pennobby"😁...
Great work as always!
Brett

Reel 224

That dog-gon wood is a eye catcher!.............................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Swami805

Great looking knob Sal, should be a good one on that reel.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Rivverrat

Even the 270 develops enough torque it benefits from a larger knob. The one you made will work well & looks very nice... Jeff

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

oldmanjoe

:)  I agree the knobs are a little to small..
  That knob looks great ,i like the look /balance of acrylic and wood .
    Ya did good Sal 

Did you put a sleeve in for the screw to ride on ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Alto Mare

Quote from: oldmanjoe on September 17, 2018, 04:19:42 PM
:)  I agree the knobs are a little to small..
  That knob looks great ,i like the look /balance of acrylic and wood .
    Ya did good Sal 

Did you put a sleeve in for the screw to ride on ?

Thank you Guys!

Joe, no I did not use a sleeve. Of course that would be the best application, but I'm thinking most of the wood I've been using is very hard.
It really shouldn't be an issue as long as the washer goes in with the screw on top, the bottom is enlarged so the foot on the post rides in there and stays aligned.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.