Daiwa Tournament SS600i - need help

Started by Lunker Larry, October 27, 2018, 07:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

I'm not a spinning reel guy and don't do too many but a buddy asked me to check out his spinning reel for him. The part the screw driver is pointing at fell out the back of the reel and I cannot figure out the orientation of how it is supposed to go back and am unable to find a schematic. Can anyone help?
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

alantani

i found the ss600, but not the ss600i.  i don't see anything even close in the schematic. 

https://www.mikesreelrepair.com/content/schematics/Daiwa_SS600.pdf
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lunker Larry

Thanks Alan. I found the same. I've put these in before but it was a while ago and I can't remember. This one will not let me put the rear cap on so that it fits flush. Got me stumped.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

Lunker Larry

This is a Whisker Tournament SS-600i.It also says Karaman on it. It has a sticker under the spool in Japanese.
Is it possible this is a Japanese model? Is there a site specific to Japanese version reels if this is the case?
The owner was a tournament fisherman sponsored by Daiwa in the past.

Lunker Larry

Thanks to Randy I got it figured out. As he suggested, it fell out when I was removing the rear cap so I thought that is where it came out of. Had tried it in this same location before but couldn't make it work. A new day and a fresh effort paid off. Thanks to Randy and those who were considering my issue.
Tight lines all.
PS. I said I did it long ago and remembered it as soon as I put it in. Sometimes you just have to be told twice  :D