Another Ocean City Inductor 250

Started by Reel 224, September 07, 2018, 10:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

So I finished Assembling the Ocean City Inductor 250 today. Here are some pictures..................Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

And another.....................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Good job Joe! Did you ever find that left slide bearing/bushing cap?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Then handle was sloppy,and the spool was way out of adjustment, prats were filthy and cruddy from salt. I fixed all of the above and lubed it. The one part that I lacking is on it's way..............................Joe

Reel 224

Sal: Fred is sending it to me. I also spoke to Dawn just now and got delrain washers that I will need for all my reels.

Joe

Reel 224

I forgot to mention. With out the ultra sonic cleaner and corrosion X I would have never got that reel in such good condition. Lube was 321,Yamaha Grease , Cal's for the drag washers. That made the reel soooomt as silk. ;D ;).....................Joe   

foakes

Nice job, Joe —

The tail-plate side oil cap for the Inductor is already in the mail — winging its way East.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

Thank you Fred, you have help may people like myself over the years.I am learning from you to pay it forward. :).........................Joe

Reel 224

Just received the oil cap fore Fred to fit the Ocean City Inducter 250 I took a before and after picture to show how the part makes the reel look finished and also made my day! ;D Thank you Fred for helping a fellow AT member!!..........................Joe

Alto Mare

That looks good Joe...Fred to the rescue as usual.
Now it looks even better than mine, good job!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 17, 2018, 08:29:22 PM
That looks good Joe...Fred to the rescue as usual.
Now it looks even better than mine, good job!

Sal

Sal: Not better, but just as nice. ;D ;D ;)......................Joe

P.S. Ruth want's to know how do you like fishing with it?

Alto Mare

I haven't fished it, it is in line with the others, butwhen I get to it, I might be too old to use it :).

All I did was service it, played with it for a while and put it with the others...sorry Ruth.

Sal