Penn 113h 4/0 build Questions, BROKE... w/ pics

Started by wideopenoutdoors, September 11, 2018, 09:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

The nylon bushing goes on the eccentric in the right plate. The o ring goes on the left bearing cap. The nylon cap goes on the eccentric lever to keep it from leaving marks on the edge of the right plate. You can pack the bearings with gease or oil them. Grease will last much longer. Snap ring pliers will not work as the rings do not have holes  for the pliers. I put a dab of grease on the e clip, put a finger on top of it & push it in with a small screwdriver while under my finger to keep it from going to never neverland. When you put the tongue on intall it with the rounded edges up & sharper edges down.         Rudy

Swami805

No grease in the bearings if you want good free spool, the lube of choose id tsi321 for the best free spool. Very light oil if you don't have that.
You shouldn't need any special tool for the clicker assembly, the C-clip just pops on. Be careful though,they can go flying off to a different dimension. I can push them on with my finger.
Post some pictures when you're done
Do what you can with that you have where you are

wideopenoutdoors

Thanks guys, i have never seen an eccentric with a cap before!
"your not on a fishing show, reel it in!"

RowdyW

It's to prevent the aluminum plate from wearing which is softer then the brass eccentric. By the way glue the little nylon cap on to the eccentric lever because they fall off in use.

wideopenoutdoors

Starting  the tear down and re-assemble of the first reel. Is there anything in particular i should look at? im just replacing the drag set with a 5 stack and re-using everything else- the upgrades will come later. this reel started out as a dark maroon post frame clicker style 113h.

wideopenoutdoors

ok so i hit a snag, my red side plates two posts that held the eccentric spring, the new side plate doesnt have anything, am i missing something?

Cortez_Conversions

The tag end of the spring goes into the detent just below the spring in you last pic. I'm ata distillery event now, but I'll check back in this evening.
Cheers!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

wideopenoutdoors

thanks, im currently struggling to remove a drag washer corroded to the inside of the main gear 

mhc

Here's a photo of what Tom has explained.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

wideopenoutdoors

im working on that part now, slowly realizing how wore out most of my reels and their components are :/
thanks for the picture, its worth a thousand words

Dominick

Hey Wide Open you are new to this site.  Now tell us whether it has reached or exceeded your expectations.  BTW welcome.  As you can see all you have to do is ask and the answers keep coming.   8)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wideopenoutdoors

Dominick- the site has exceeded my expectations.

Donnyboat

Ah Dom, they call it ohana, OHANA, Nice timing Mike with your photo, Wideopen, your doing okay, we learn all the time, first thing I say when I get out of bed every morning ,yes I am going to learn something new today, good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

wideopenoutdoors

update, after screaming at the anti-reverse dog until late in the evening i called it quits. this morning i got it first try, go figure. almost have the first reel completely assembled. Its been over two years since i took these reels apart and it showed. luckily i was about to remember how i did the anti reverse dog- too bad i couldn't remember last night.

wideopenoutdoors

finished one, opened the second and found it has a stainless pinion gear.