The 2599500 LongJohnSilverBeachLiveBaitMasterJigCaster

Started by thorhammer, September 15, 2018, 04:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Still raining and I haven't been home on a weekend in months, so putting in some shop time finishing a few reels and working on Mike's repairs. Spent a few hours in the red Jigmaster box (S's and 500's) then built this up from parts bins...

259 Tail plate. love these.
500 Head plate
66 stand
99 black anodized spool from Ted some months back. These pop.
Custom cut and tapped 99 width bars, also from Ted.
310 SS handle...speedy but the knob has a good grip for grinding.
Orphaned Cortez clam
Cool button head hex 5-40 hex screws from Tiddlerbasher
Cast Control knurled knob
Chromed bridge, Carbontex

During a break in the rain, I parked it on a friend's Magnaflex Heaver I had restored, and even with the softish 11 footer easily chunked it over the R&D test facility (aka pond), 100 yds or so with 5 oz.

May take this with me to OBX next month for a workout. I will add a larger 10-66 star next order and may add a Maxed Out handle when Ted cranks back up.

Ted, I love the smaller 2 1/2" knob you made for my Squidder for these casting reels. I'll take a half-dozen in black (I have your blades waiting) when you get back on them.

swill88

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

mo65

I love frankenreels...this one goes beyond that...this is Frankentopia!! Great build John! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mizmo67

"It's Alive! Alive!"

That is such a cool lil Frankenreel
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Ron Jones

A cast controlled albacore special with cast control and a quasi Newell Kit. I like it. A new SS stand from Penn would be nice.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

thorhammer

Quote from: mizmo67 on September 15, 2018, 06:00:31 PM
"It's Alive! Alive!"

That is such a cool lil Frankenreel

Thanks, Folks! these are interesting indeed. Reminds me of the Johnny Cash song where he steals parts over a ten period to build a Cadillac...

Hi Mo, I should've been paying more attention before I ordered Thursday or i would've gotten some 10-66's. The SS posts i ordered were for this reel then today I remembered the Ted bars, so those posts will go on another 99 build I have in progress.

BTW, you sent me an RA for an incorrect 114 ring, which you replaced with utmost speed...turned out i needed it on another build, can we figure out how I can pay you for it so you don't send another if I order electronically?

John

mhc

Nice reel John, with a great mix of parts from different reels. Catchy name as well.  ;D

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Bill B

What an eclectic combination of part John.  Makes me want to start my own....Cool beans brother...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!