Slow coho fishing

Started by gstours, September 19, 2018, 05:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

I've been trolling for a week off and on ,  weather is fall like and frost on the boat in the morning,  butt by 10 am your taking your jacket off as the 🌞 sun is kicking in.
     Here's one I got trolling a green hot spot flasher behind a home made buck tail trolling fly about a hundred feet deep in icy straights channel yesterday.   It's my last day to troll this year and now I'm satisfied.    Fishing is very slow here as they have moved in and away from my area.   Maybe next year?🚣‍♂️

Dominick

Looking good Gary.  I see that the well dressed fisherman wears the fishing towel from Wayne's wife Jennifer.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Hardy Boy

That's a beauty coho though ! Not a great coho year here either.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Benni3

Coho,,,,that's cool,,,great catch ;D

whalebreath

Lotsa Coho on the Outside and lots here in English Bay right in front of the city-Seals chasing Coho along downtown beaches in the AM and we're marking all kinds around the mooring buoy off Kits beach-since there are so many Sockeye this year that's what people are targeting and Coho are pretty much ignored.

Gfish

Gary, shouldn't the Coho's be in, or movin into, the rivers bout this time a year? Can they be fished in the rivers in your area?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gobi King

That is a good sized coho, in MI the coho run should be any day now, but unfortunately it will probably happen the day I am stuck at work 1000 miles away.

Are the cohos hanging out higher in the water column in this time of the year?

We fish coho in spring and some flat line for them early on.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan