Blank for 4/0 narrow

Started by Fishamen7, September 28, 2018, 11:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishamen7

Hello
Looking for recommendations for a 4/0 narrow spooled with 65-80# braid with flouro top shot primarily  a bait rod for bottom fishing looking for sensitive tip and good backbone preferably 7ft leaning toward the phenix BD psw700xh or the United comp Us 70 predator. Looking to try these new style lightweight rods.
I would appreciate any recommendations for a rod choice for the penn 4/0 narrow.
Thanks
Jason

steelhead_killer

NewellNut makes a perfect rod for that application.  Might want to reach out to him!

Andyu
><)))">

Rivverrat

If your considering UC blanks in 7' the Predator is a good one. Most use it for 60 line. Every one I know who fishes it loves it.  Be sure to try it out in all available lengths this does change the nature of this rod.   

For pulling brutes up from the bottom with a 7' rod my personal choice would be would be from the Challenger Platinum series. A little heavier, more durable, much faster action with soft tip & all the back bone a mortal man can use in this line class.

For demo purposes I have repeatedly lifted 30 lbs. off the floor with my CP70HP. It is heavier than the Predator but you are getting more back bone with the CP series... Jeff   

Fishamen7

Quote from: Rivverrat on September 28, 2018, 08:17:16 PM
If your considering UC blanks in 7' the Predator is a good one. Most use it for 60 line. Every one I know who fishes it loves it.  Be sure to try it out in all available lengths this does change the nature of this rod.   

For pulling brutes up from the bottom with a 7' rod my personal choice would be would be from the Challenger Platinum series. A little heavier, more durable, much faster action with soft tip & all the back bone a mortal man can use in this line class.

For demo purposes I have repeatedly lifted 30 lbs. off the floor with my CP70HP. It is heavier than the Predator but you are getting more back bone with the CP series... Jeff   

Sounds like exactly what I am looking for!

Thanks for the recommendation

Rivverrat

Also while the Challenger Platinum is an extremely fast taper it doesnt fish or cast like you would think. I know of no other rods that have this fast a taper with the bend shutting off very quick.  The Predator is an all graphite blank. The blanks from the CP series have a stout graphite section from the butt leading to an E glass tip section.

What ever some ones thoughts are on the Challenger Platinum there is no other blank produced that compares & fishes the same... Jeff

Fishamen7

The Cp series sounds like what I need To prevent strong fish from powering themselves into structure.
They are a decent price also.  I need a rod for my 349h so I think I might be picking up another CP series blank for that as well. I would like a longer rod but the shipping cost are outrageous past the 7ft length.
Thanks for all the information
Jason

Rivverrat

Shipping has really got ridiculous... Jeff