PP Maxquatro

Started by Rivverrat, November 05, 2018, 02:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Any one have any longterm reports for this line ?

Hows it hold up over time compared to others ? ... Jeff

MarkT

Seems to hold up was well as anything else.  I've had 315 yds of 80# MC on a TranX 500 for three years, 400 yds of 65# on a Saragosa 10k for 2 years and 300 yds of 50# on a BV-300 for 2 years.  I have a 300 yd spool of 50# that I'm going to put on an Avet SXJ.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Rivverrat

Thanks, Mark. Exactly what I was wanting to know... Jeff

handi2

I use it for my inshore spinning gear. It's the best so far. It makes a huge difference when using light tackle.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Darin Crofton

Have you guys tried Dyneema braided line? I think it's a little bit bigger diameter than regular braid, but is cheeper. I heard it was very strong, but don't know much more. No info from actual anglers? Thanks!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

philaroman

Quote from: Darin Crofton on November 06, 2018, 12:17:43 AM
Have you guys tried Dyneema braided line? I think it's a little bit bigger diameter than regular braid, but is cheeper. I heard it was very strong, but don't know much more. No info from actual anglers? Thanks!

all you need to know: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=25574.0

Darin Crofton

Quote from: philaroman on November 06, 2018, 01:02:41 AM
Quote from: Darin Crofton on November 06, 2018, 12:17:43 AM

all you need to know: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=25574.0
Thank you!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Swami805

Any tips on who to know when it's time to change it? I have a trinidad 12 with 30lb red Power pro. I'm thinking it has about 100 trips on it. It's stiff when new and it's nice a supple now so it fishes nice. What about just reversing it on the spool?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Keta

If it shows signs of abrasion cut some off.  Spectra lasts forever.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

oc1

I like it when it's new and still has some sizing.  The casting head gets limp and fuzzy after a while.  I used to tie it off to something and pull on the casting head to make sure it is still sound and then reverse it on the spool.  Now, I just throw the casting head away and spice in a new casting head.  The casting head is less then 50 yards so I get six replacements off a 300 yard spool.  This comes out cheaper than reversing the line in the long run. 
-steve