Parts for the Zebco 404 (2017)

Started by Acetylcholin99, October 02, 2018, 07:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acetylcholin99

Hi,

I'm looking for a new pinion gear, crank rod nut and crank shaft sub assembly for the ZEBCO 404 (2017). So far neither the ZEBCO consumer service or the warranty center could help me.

Thx

MIchael

foakes

Is this the one you need, Michael?

I have lots of old 404's — but the parts alone would cost you more than this brand new one at WalMart for $18 + free shipping.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Fred, your Walmart is screwing you.   ???  It can be got for $7.50 or $14.50 as a combo.  :)

I'd say they're not worth the effort involved to repair them.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

Quote from: Midway Tommy on October 02, 2018, 07:57:20 PM
Fred, your Walmart is screwing you.   ???  It can be got for $7.50 or $14.50 as a combo.  :)

I'd say they're not worth the effort involved to repair them.

You can probably get it for free somewhere else also, Tommy...

My intent was to help a newer member realize that not everything is worth repairing  in our modern throw-away manufacturing style...

Not to argue about whether WalMart is the cheapest, or not —

Just showing an example.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Acetylcholin99

I agree with both of  you and if it would not be more  a sentimental value ( my sons first "real" fishing reel) i would not bother. I hope or still hoping that someone has maybe an broken 404 and has some spare parts...

foakes

There are a few styles of 404's —

If you would post a photo of what you a have, and photos of what parts you would like replaced — I, or someone on here should be able to help.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Acetylcholin99

Here are some pics from the reel and the parts I need.
You both are right it is a low budget product from Walmart as you mentioned. The quality of the parts is terrible very soft metal...

Thx

Michael