Another 20/0 Shark Tank in the works...

Started by Alto Mare, October 06, 2018, 01:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Alan's wrench with no modifications, It would ride on the lip while tilted.
Being titanium, it would only get shinier.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

54bullseye

Here is a different Penn style socket Rollie just made me this one uses a 3/8" nut driver or wrench for leverage. I told him to make a few sets with both sizes of Penn nuts. I bet some people would like them !!    John Taylor

Frank

Quote from: 54bullseye on October 07, 2018, 10:14:07 AM
Here is a different Penn style socket Rollie just made me this one uses a 3/8" nut driver or wrench for leverage. I told him to make a few sets with both sizes of Penn nuts. I bet some people would like them !!    John Taylor

John, that tool is really sharp! Thanks for posting.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

mhc

I love seeing what skilled machinists can do - thanks for showing us a bit more of Rollie's work John, you're lucky to be able to drop in and watch.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Alto Mare

Quote from: 54bullseye on October 07, 2018, 10:14:07 AM

John, I was tempted to keep your wrench and tell you I forgot to add it to the box ;D.
You beat me to it, I was going to ask you if Rollie would be willing to make me one :)
I need to own some of his work, so if he is making those, I'll take the small and the large...thank you.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelhead_killer

Great work like always Sal.  Beauty of a reel.  Nice sockets too!  Those would sell!

Andy
><)))">

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Shark Hunter

That looks pretty sweet.
I would be down for a large one if they become available.
Life is Good!

Benni3

That's a very nice looking reel and I know uncle sal made it smooth as silk  ;) and when the dogs bark :D you will like it ;D

Pier_Hopper

Where did he get the frame for this reel? I am looking for a one piece frame for my 12/0 build.... I noticed Cortez conversions has a 9/0 frame and plates but when could we see a frame and possible* plates for the 12/0????

Alto Mare

These 20/0 kits were a special edition, only a few were made and according to some they will not show up again.

Sometimes you could get lucky and find one on the big auction site, but it doesn't happen too often.

As for the 12/0, I asked Steve Carson from Penn to get us full aluminum kits for the 10/0 & 12/0 a long time ago, but they had no interest.
I'm sure they will eventually show up here, but the guys that offer these parts are the only ones that could answer you.

Sal

Bill B

I'm sorry I just found this post....incredible work from the masters, Sal, Rollie, et al.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

I thank you for the kind words Bill, but I'm no master...just a reel nut as you and many other members here :).
I've been following your progress, you've come a long way.

All my best,

Sal

54bullseye

Sal your one of the biggest nuts !!  Reel nuts that is.  Thanks for the great job !!!    John Taylor