Help Finding Daiwa Cobalt Schematic

Started by sostoaked, October 09, 2018, 06:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sostoaked

Hi folks,

After searching the web and here on the forums for a Daiwa Cobalt 2500 schematic, I'd like to reach out to the experts here and see if anyone can recommend a similar spinning reel schematic that can be used in place of the actual Cobalt schematic.

Thanks in advance!
Steve

ez2cdave

Quote from: sostoaked on October 09, 2018, 06:45:28 PM
Hi folks,

After searching the web and here on the forums for a Daiwa Cobalt 2500 schematic, I'd like to reach out to the experts here and see if anyone can recommend a similar spinning reel schematic that can be used in place of the actual Cobalt schematic.

Thanks in advance!
Steve

Steve,

Is this the reel you have ?

Tight Lines !

sostoaked

Hey Dave,

Yes! The last picture is the reel that I have. Would you happen to have the schematic for that laying around?

ez2cdave

Quote from: sostoaked on October 15, 2018, 09:50:13 PM
Hey Dave,

Yes! The last picture is the reel that I have. Would you happen to have the schematic for that laying around?

Unfortunately, I don't have a schematic.

I actually called Daiwa and they did not have one, either.

They said it was a "rebranded" reel, meaning a "generic" Chinese reel with Daiwa logo's "pasted on".

Fortunately, it is, most likely, very simple inside. I suggest taking photo's as you disassemble it to assist in re-assembly.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful !

Tight Lines !

sostoaked

Dave,

Thank you for looking into it and no worries at all! I'll be sure take plenty of pictures and maybe watch a couple videos on spinning reel servicing since I've never attempted before.

Cheers!
Steve