Spirit Of Adventure Tracking. Heading north!

Started by tenderloin, October 09, 2018, 08:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenderloin

Not sure how long this will work but we can keep track of their fishing adventure while it does....

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-118.719/centery:32.89213/zoom:8/mmsi:367185130/shipid:3954040/_:e31d7a968e589a6efa2155f7ade631c0

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

The Baja Guy

MarkT

Looks like they're heading to Clemente to try for BFT for a couple of days to let the storm get past then probably head to the Rocks and the Ridge.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

I just checked the site at 6:00 p.m.  They are 3/4 of the way to San Clemente.  Man that is 12 hours of diesel noise and bouncing.  Not my kind of fun.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

Just think of it as a 12 hour cocktail party interrupted by lunch, an afternoon snack and dinner. You can't really hear the engines from inside the salon.

Swami805

The drone of the motors and rocking of the boat puts me to sleep. Those guys will be busy rigging up too and start fishing in the dark. Bet they're too pumped up to sleep anyway
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Dominick

Quote from: MarkT on October 10, 2018, 01:24:40 AM
Just think of it as a 12 hour cocktail party interrupted by lunch, an afternoon snack and dinner. You can't really hear the engines from inside the salon.

I guess that makes it palatable (pun intended).  Dominick

MarkT

That's the area off the backside of Clemente where we were on the Excel a week ago on Monday-Tuesday.

SoCalAngler

The reports from the backside of SCI has been flat calm and nice for the last few days. I was going to jump on a 2 day trip headed there but I was too late and the boat filled. Though the swell is up today

JoseCuervo

That is a cool site. You can click on other arrows, the only boats / ships south of the border are tankers or cruise ships.

Dominick

I just checked the position of the SOA and there are 4 other boats within a mile of each other.  Since they have not moved much all day they must be on to something.  Dominick

pjstevko

i was just in that same spot on sunday and there were plenty of Bluefin around but they were not cooperating...We went 2/4 but saw plenty....

Hopefully they are doing better than we did...

Dominick

They are running at 8.6 knots, that's trolling speed.  Dominick

MarkT

BFT out there are a time of day thing. They're probably looking around for sonar fish that they hope will play.