Home

Started by Keta, October 19, 2018, 02:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Ron and me left Alan's at around 05:00 after having breakfast cooked by Alan.  We made it out of the bay area fast and made good time until road repair around the Cove fire slowed us down, but we missed the ETA by 15 min.  Ron took a quick shower, we split up the fish and got ice for Ron's fish then he headed home.

The trip was a blast, even though I lost my first BFT almost to the gaff....oh well, tangles happen.  I hope every one got home safely and with most of their gear, I found a few extra things in the bed of my truck, a beach towel, some bright yellow wash cloths and a nice Columbia rain jacket.  Let me know if you are missing these and we will get them returned.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Porthos

Did the iMac survive?

Keta

Yup, wrapped in the beach towel.  I will set it up when I get my gear cleaned and put away.  Thanks again.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

tommyd

The towels were from costco and I brought them to share with everyone. I think they were about 40 cents apiece. They worked well and the softness was nice for reel cleaning or just getting mackerel slim off your hands. Thanks again for being the gear mule. Tommyd

Keta

Any time Tom, it was fun fishing with you both.

Mark Twain

Wally15

I made it home about 2 AM Thursday morning (EDT). Had to jump right into the aftermath of Hurricane Michael. Fortunately our power was restored the day before I came home. And the hurricane hit 2 days after I left. So great timing on my part to go along with a great bunch of guys (and gal) and some very good though spotty fishing.
Damage update:
House in Leesburg, GA (Albany suburb) - lost some roof shingles and have 1 broken window. Neighbor on each side had a tree fall across my fence. Anne kept the refrigerators and freezer running with the 3 KW portable generator while the power was out for 6 days, so no fish or meat was lost. Very minor damage considering how others in the area fared. Oh, my 24' Proline cuddy that is sitting in the driveway had one bimini top strap break.
Condo at Mexico Beach, FL - drove down there today (Friday 19th) to assess the damage. The devastation in and around Mexico Beach is unreal. Plus downed trees and powerlines for the whole 180 mile drive.
My condo is OK. Front door is warped, 1 broken window in living room, all utilities will be out indefinitely (even the towns only water tank blew over). I got my (uninsured) golf cart running in about 15 minutes-no water in oil or in gas tank. Amazing. Two other gas carts in our building were totaled. Anne and I took the cart for a test drive and also took about a 20 minute video of the eastern part of Mexico Beach. That's the older part of town with mostly single family dwellings and a few mobile homes. I'm uploading it to YouTube and will post a link tomorrow.
Fishing trailer at Lake Eufaula (GA-AL border) -  Haven't been over there yet but a neighbor tells me the trailer is fine, a few trees are down, but the metal outbuilding where I store my Sea Ark flats boat is leaning about 30 degrees.
All things considered, I came out in great shape. So I went and bought some lottery tickets.
Glad everyone made it home safe, and to a safe home.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Keta

Thanks for the report Mike, I was thinking about you today.

Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Glad your Condo made it Ok Mike.
I saw today where they aren't allowed to buy alcohol in the area.
Afraid someone will get plastered and go nuts?
I would go nuts without it. ::)
Glad you guys had a good trip.
Life is Good!

Wally15

Check this out. 20 minutes video driving around Mexico Beach in a golf cart. Unbelievable amount of damage. Amateur hour for sure!

GA Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Ron Jones

Praise God you and your fared as well as you did. I got home about 2200 last night. Got the fish in the freezer and car unpacked. The gear will be sorted through and cleaned next week after I've caught up with school. I have a lot of lessons learned in the tackle department and will begin implementing them right away.
Glad everyone gor home safe.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Wally15

Quote from: Keta on October 19, 2018, 02:12:07 AM
I found a few extra things in the bed of my truck, a beach towel, some bright yellow wash cloths and a nice Columbia rain jacket.  Let me know if you are missing these and we will get them returned.
I'm missing a black Columbia rain jacket. The matching pants made it home??
GA Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Keta

I have it Mike, PM me a address and it will be on the way.  It is in a safe place if you are busy right now.

Mark Twain

Frank

We need pictures of the trip!!!
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Keta

I have one more thing that someone on the boat left, the nasty cold. 

Mark Twain

Wally15

Quote from: Keta on October 20, 2018, 12:26:39 PM
I have one more thing that someone on the boat left, the nasty cold. 
I might be the culprit. I think I caught a cold on the flight out. I felt like heck for the 1st 3-4 days. That's why I didn't catch a BFT at SC.
Sounds like a good excuse to me.
GA Mike
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor